Hsp monster truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat_boy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to this site so howdy from NZ šŸ–. I have a hsp monster truck and its got a two speed gearbox, the spur gear lost some teeth so I replaced it and now it seems to be stuck in 1st gear! Is it possible by doing the slipper clutch nut up too tight would stop the gearbox changing into 2nd gear?

Welcome to the forum. I dont know about your truck specifically (Dont know which one you have specifically) but generally on a two speed transmission theres a shift point adjustment and it probably needs to be adjusted. There should be some info on how to adjust it in the users manual.

Welcome to the forum. What kind of truck do you have? Post some pictures. The more info the better the response. Good luck

Welcome to the forum. What kind of truck do you have? Post some pictures. The more info the better the response. Good luck
Hello mate, it is a 1/8 scale hsp monster truck, I dont really know why its not changing gear after changing the spur gear and haven't touched the timing screws at all hence reaching out and see if by doing the slipper nut up too tight can affect that! Other then that I'm pritty stumped

Attachments

• 20210801_112803.jpg
    20210801_112803.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 20210801_112748.jpg
    20210801_112748.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 57
Are some 2 speed transmissions contained inside the transmission? I'm just curious because all the 2 speeds I've had have had dual spurs and dual clutchbells and were all nitros. Every electric I've had has had a single speed transmission.

Are some 2 speed transmissions contained inside the transmission? I'm just curious because all the 2 speeds I've had have had dual spurs and dual clutchbells and were all nitros. Every electric I've had has had a single speed transmission.
Yip it's got the two speed transmission inside the inclosed gearbox! It's a funny 1 cause all other rc 2 speed nitro's I've seen are set up differently, so I don't know if I have made a mistake with this one

Yip it's got the two speed transmission inside the inclosed gearbox! It's a funny 1 cause all other rc 2 speed nitro's I've seen are set up differently, so I don't know if I have made a mistake with this one
I'm not sure what to tell ya on that one. I've never had one like that before. I'm sure someone else in here has run in to those before.

I'm not sure what to tell ya on that one. I've never had one like that before. I'm sure someone else in here has run in to those before.
I hope so as when it runs properly its goes like the clappers , thank you pal šŸ‘

To answer your one question though, as far as I know, slipper tighntness would not affect shifting. On my XXL I run the slipper 1/4 turn from fully tightened and it doesn't affect the kit shifting.

Hmmm yeah thats about where mines set to! Sad I know but sounds like I must of hit a bad lemon in the bunch because I have been pondering on it and it didn't really make sence to me having it too tight would stop it from changing cause it's just clamping the spur gear to the shaft! Looking like I may have to try locate a new one if I can't get any light on it..

Was from new I put ot on the truck not knowing the slipper was loose took it out to the track and melted the bush! Replaced the bush and yeah won't change out of first..

Back