HSP backwash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielpalfre

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey, I am getting my first nitro car soon, its going to be the HSP backwash with the team infinity engine. I don't like team infinity glow plugs though, they never seem to last, so I was wondering if there was another make that would fit or if they are universal fitting or what?

Thanks

Dan

No advice for a noob?

Glow plugs are universal for the most part. You just need to know weather your engine takes turbo style or gasket style. Never heard of an hsp backwash before. You may want to think about investing a little more $$ and getting a more reputable car. Also a car that your local hobby shop carries parts for. You will be happier in the long run.

i am on quite a small budget hence the choice, but my local hobby shop does stock parts for this one so its no biggy, how would i be able to identify if it is turbo style or normal?

well, the seller has informed me that the OS number 8 is compaitble, and from what I here it is a good glow plug

Yes that is a standard gasket style glow plug O.S. makes good products I have two of their engines. I also like O'donnel and Mcoy glow plugs. Make sure to seal your new engine before you run it. It will hold its tune much better.

this may be a dumb question but when you say seal your engine what exactly do you mean?

Go to the top of the main forum you will see "STICKY" they are in red . Go to the first one that says so you're new to the hobby and bought an Rtr ...... It has info and a video on sealing nitro engines you can also do more research on the web. I like copper high temp RTV silicone sealant.

Thats a usefull thread, no wonder it has been stikied. But, and heres a million doller question. What is the purpose of sealing the engine?

It stops airleaks. Which are a nitros worst enemy. I was haven't weird tune issues until I sealed it. Take your time and it will work great it also gets you to understand your new rig.

Ok then, that makes sence. I went with the HSP warhead. A few people have told me to go with a brand name but from what I have heard from people who have used this car it is an excellent choice for an entry level nitro. The japanese especially rate this piece of kit highly so I took the plunge.