Hpi trophy 4.6 with force 32 engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bravo2zero

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I have recently fitted a force 32 engine in my hpi trophy 4.6 but the car keeps moving in idle I am lead to believe it is the clutch I was just wondering if anyone had any advice with a different clutch setup I could put it to stop this
Thanks

Maybe you put the clutch pads in the wrong direction?

I always use a large washer directly infront of the shoes before installing the bell gear . It help to stop the shoes from dislodging or moving up. It works great just use a washer big enough to cover most of the shoes but obviously not to big or the bell gear wont fit 😁 o and make sure that your clutch nut is on the right way and the inside of the springs are in the grove in the clutch nut 😉

Dang id like to see that truck!

Thanks everyone I got it second hand beaten to death but I am In the process of getting it all fixed up I will have pictures shortly when finished just couldn't wrap my brain around this clutch issue thanks again

If the clutch bell isn't shimmed properly (too tight), it could cause drag that would make the car move at idle.
If the clutch bell bearings are dry/dead/worn, it could cause drag that would make the car move at idle.
If the springs on the clutch shoes are old/overheated/weak, the shoes will swing out too low in the RPM's and cause it to move at idle.
If the shoes are worn or hanging up on the flywheel, they may not be returning to their resting position fully and cause it to move at idle.
If the idle is too high, it will cause it to fling out the shoes and it will move.

If the shoes are on forwards or backwards, shouldn't really have any effect on idle. Supposedly, backwards shoes cause a harder engagement. Not sure how true that is, but it will deform the shoes. I tried that many years ago with a t-maxx with the traxxas 2 shoe clutch.

You could post a photo or two of your clutch bell and the shoes with the bell off, then we can help more.