hpi trophy 3.5 rtr buggy review

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of those. It's a good strong buggy. Being water resistant is a plus too. The only down side is that it is a bit slow. It comes with a 13 tooth clutch bell which is good for acceleration but average top speed. That can be good for the track where top speed is usually one straight away and lots of corners and jumps. It is also easy to land jumps well with the buggy having good balance. Over all a good package but for about the same price a Hyper SS would be my choice. Let us know if you get one.

The trophy kits arent bad, theyre based on a winning kit design but to me theyre a little lackluster. Id rather spend an extra $70 and get a Hotbodies D8S if I wanted to stay with HPI...Then again if I was going to do that Id throw another $40 at it and get an Associated RC8.2 truth be told.

If you're really wanting to stay around that $390 price point of the Trophy buggy Id also consider the OFNA X3 sabre and the OFNA Hyper SS. The Trophy kits arent bad for the money though. Local part support may be something you want to take into consideration too though if you like relying on them a lot for parts.

The Trophy 3.5 is a fine buggy and having a LHS that recommends it is an additional plus as they likely already carry parts for the buggy.

It is an excellent buggy- I own one myself. It is very fast and strong but the servos are made of melted Swiss cheese.