HPI Trophy 3.5 radio help!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiddy

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hello all! So I need some help!!!
I got a new Hpi trophy 3.5, after the first 2 tanks of idle break in, I wanted to see if the built in fail safe worked, I turned off the radio and the servo arm moved but didn’t engage brakes!! That’s the first issue but no the main issue!!
The radio is a TF 41. 2.4 ghz! So I started playing with the settings in front of the controller, there is only 3 switches, I believe I have them back in the ordinal setting but now when I power on the car the neutral is brake, I tried messing with the setting again but can’t get it back to normal. I tried binding the transmitter and reciever again but it’s the same!! I really want to finish break in tomorrow!!! Can anyone please help me, thank you!!

Hello all! So I need some help!!!
I got a new Hpi trophy 3.5, after the first 2 tanks of idle break in, I wanted to see if the built in fail safe worked, I turned off the radio and the servo arm moved but didn’t engage brakes!! That’s the first issue but no the main issue!!
The radio is a TF 41. 2.4 ghz! So I started playing with the settings in front of the controller, there is only 3 switches, I believe I have them back in the ordinal setting but now when I power on the car the neutral is brake, I tried messing with the setting again but can’t get it back to normal. I tried binding the transmitter and reciever again but it’s the same!! I really want to finish break in tomorrow!!! Can anyone please help me, thank you!!

You may have to adjust the brake linkage itself!...

your going to have to adjust the failsafe to work.. you might have to remove th servo arm and turn radio on and put servo arm back on turn trim to O..b4 turning off to remove arm

I followed instructions and it neutral stays in brake, I guess I have to move the arm on the servo. It’s weird cause when I first turned it on before first tank it was good, neutral was neutral.

You rebound the radio and receiver ;messed up the trim knobs and dual rate knob. So set them all back original remove the throttle horn and re bind it again. Them set the fail safe. Did you set the fail safe function by following the instructions?

So my bad, the throttle adjustment on the controller was off I set that to neutral and all is good! Still can’t get the fail safe to work tho, I followed the instructions and when I do the test it does engage brake?!!

Turn on transmitter and then receiver and press setup button until flash don't touch trigger and press setup again led will flash quickly keep holding button wait until solid light the release setup button t Hold the brake and push the set button on the receiver led will flash release brake led should be solid release setup button.

Got it!! Thanks for the help!! All done with break in.....now for tuning!!!! I’ve had nitros before but this is my first brand new one, wanna do it all right!!

How can you be done with break in? it take 5-7 tanks of fuel driving it. Idling it isn't break in.

Ok maybe not completely done... I done 2 tanks of idle and 2 tanks of slow driving!! Next 2 will be slowish driving to!! I’m not gonna go crazy with it for the next few tanks.