Hpi tranny adjustment

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumma47

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I can't find the 2 screws to adjust the 2 speed tranny on my hpi savage. I've watched a but ton of vids doing what they say to do but no luck. It just doesn't seem to line up...at all.

@Thumma47 welcome to RCNitroTalk. Here's a useful video on adjusting the 2-speed on the Savage.

I've watchd that a bunch of times. It just seems to not line up with the hole. I've turned it just like they said and it still doesn't work. Any help is appreciated

You need the second hole inside to adjust the 2speed. The first one is the screw that holds the gears to the axle.
Hold the spurgear while you rotate the wheels . It should work, never heard of any problems aligning the holes.

You need the second hole inside to adjust the 2speed. The first one is the screw that holds the gears to the axle.
Hold the spurgear while you rotate the wheels . It should work, never heard of any problems aligning the holes.

I know what your saying I've been at it for about 20minutes. I'll upload a pic. It doesn't seem to move. The shaft on the inside. I spin the wheels and nothing move on the inside. I'm fairly new to this hobby. And bought it used. It runs and drives just doesn't shift ay all. Any suggestions? Maybe tear the whole thing down and adjust?

Ok. Ill open it up. Anything in particular i should be looking for?

Ok. Ill open it up. Anything in particular i should be looking for?

14778452507151313446475.jpg 20161030_123311.jpg 20161030_123447.jpg

it stops here every time

The usual, striped gears and broken stuff. I have replaced my 39T gear twice because it has stripped. If turning the spur gear backwards doesn't bring the screw into view in the port while holding the wheels still I suspect you may have stripped second gear. You were able to get a whole new transmission for $35 but It
might be difficult now.

Last edited:
When your turning your wheels, do you have all 2 of them off the ground so the other ones don't spin via the diff? You need the center axle to turn when your holding the spur and rotating the tire or nothing inside the trans turns. Might also want to make sure your brakes aren't bound making it more difficult to turn the wheel.

Thanks guys i got it figured out. I tore it down and adjusted it. Put it back together and ita all fine now. No clue. I appreciate the help. Ill post some pics of it tom

Back