hpi sf50 servo not centering the steering, making buzz noise

• Thread starter pelicanprentice
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
I’ve got a savage x 4.6 and sorry I’m a newb and I think I have a servo centering problem. I did some research and I can’t tell if it’s just the nature of the servo or if it’s soemtbing wrong. My throttle servo is perfectly fine but my steering servo will make a constant buzzing noise unless I push the tires to a center. If i push them to centre, its quiet but then when i turn again it doesn't come back to centre and still makes the noise. I tried setting the trims on the remote however it doesn’t seem to fix the issue. I cannot seem to tell or remember if this issue was present always or if it just started. I changed my steering bell CRAnk and servo saver recently so it could also be from soemthing regarding that. Curious on what y’all think it is?

Hmm m try a different servo. This site is dead man check other forums too

did you have this issue b4 installing new parts? if no then Id check that new parts fit correct as in when you pull off servo arm you can easily move steering rack along with front wheels . have front end off ground b4 check... do you need to sand down ends of steering tack. servo it making noise cuze it knows it needs to move that tinny bit b4 it centers or the bec is weak and can't supply enough current to move it.. id start with removal of servo horn and go from there . also check servo saver this model has the spring compressed by hand nut?.more than likely a new servo will do the same thing without find if steering is binding even a small amount can cause this issue

bill de wrong (its actually bill delong I call him this due to his radio tests and calling one of my Favorite Radio junk the Radiopost ts 401 1 of my favorite I dont think he could turn it on or install a li-ion battery >Gee I did) )replied to a similar servo issue and he said he fixed it by regluing servo motor back in its correct location .he said the silicone at base failed so servo motor could move. Good point .. so as stated in #2 post replace servo...
https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-...-steering-making-buzz-noise.html#post15772280

Back