hpi savage x erratic steering

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
So today I got my savage x 4.6 running again with my old fuel and it seems like I’ll have to get new fuel for sure. With the 2.5 year old fuel, it started up and ran fine however it bogged. It didn’t really cut out. Just when giving full throttle it wasn’t a linear throttle response, it would be like bogging mid way and then sound like it’s giving full throttle and then bog again. I guess I’m certain that had to do with the fuel but my question was I noticed it was actually wierd whole steering as well. Kinda like it had a mind of its own. Any idea on why this is? Like I would kinda swerve by itself and at one point it crashed into a wall.
My 6v hump pack was all charged and good to go and when I came inside after 25 mins of bashing, the voltage was about 6.28V

Is this for sure just a interefereance problem? I was near a bunch of buildings so maybe something was interfering with the radio?
Or could it be that since my gas was bad that it would fire incompletely and kinda be erratic which led it to have that swerving and etc

last time i drove it was in a park 2 years ago and was completely fine with the steering etc

Thanks!

first thing id check is ensure that its not both channels acting that way. if only the steering servo is having issues, swap servo plugs to your receiver, see if it is still not acting correctly on on steering, or if steering is working correct and throttle is now not working (do this power on, engine off).
if the issue persists on the steering only, its the steering servo. if the problem goes away on steering, its likely receiver or interference.