Hpi savage spur gear help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brunom97

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I bought a spur gear of eBay and I have an hpi savage ss but I have noticed where would I put the slipper clutch for the spur gear what can I do

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 162
Why didn't u ask the seller this question before buying it, but would be curious to see the other side of the spur.

Please help me find a solution and plus these sellers don't know what they are selling as long as they make their money

---------- Post added at 3:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:19 PM ----------

That's the back side so what can I put

Hey bud I'm not exactly sure but it looks like you only have part of the whole assembly. It looks like the spur gear from a Robinson racing HPI FLUX Performance gen 3 slipper unit....can you show us the other side?.....or better yet check this webpage out and see if anything looks familiar!

http://www.robinsonracing.com/hpi.html

I don't think you can mount it without the rest of the unit.

So I'm guessing this is for the flux?

No, you can still use it, it's just designed to handle the power of the FLUX, electric power come on a lot quicker than nitro power...I don't think they use clutches like nitros do!

---------- Post added at 6:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:28 PM ----------

And if it is the gen3 spur your going to need the rest of it.

Ya that's what I sought too but if you look on the Robinson racing webpage the centre hole is a lil different.....just a bit smaller

---------- Post added at 6:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:51 PM ----------

Maybe that's just a bad pic on the Robinson webpage though.....I hope I didn't confuse you brunom97

---------- Post added at 6:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:53 PM ----------

Wow! nobody ever calls me by my name.. I must be in trouble...LOL

Last edited:
Wait a minute, it fooled me at first, but I think it's a GPM savage spur!, and I don't know how to mount it!

---------- Post added at 1:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:44 AM ----------

his pic is the front/closest to engine!, the back should match up to his stock slipper!

---------- Post added at 1:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:46 AM ----------

Yup I'm going with GPM, and it looks sintered like the older ring gears for the savage x diffs

I don't think GPM makes this one anymore though.....since I've only seen black ones/but they could be painted

Damn, and the location says TR turkey.

---------- Post added at 2:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 2:05 AM ----------

I thinking this might be one of those parts you hear about, you know a knock off!

The spur you bought doesn't have the groves the slipper pad, I don't think your going to be able to use it but the link that olds97 posted has the groves for the pad...

Yup same exact one I bought from turkey to but ur saying it bolts right on without any slipper clutch?

You got me? (Scratching my head!)
I has to have some type of slipper unit to mount it or it will just spin on the driveshaft.
It weird that the people selling the spur don't offer a slipper for it!

I would just plain and simple contact the seller and ask him...because I've never used a spur like this one before with no place for the slipper pad to sit in...I'm looking around sites to find some kind of info but nothing. maybe not looking at the right place but eh, I'm trying lol...because if you would see me right now...I have a HUGE question mark over my head :\

Back