Hpi savage disc brake problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely get the twin fiberglass disks, far superior to the metal disks and soft pads. I went through two sets of the metal ones in a few weeks of bashing but the fiberglass ones have been completely solid. The soft brake pads with the metal disks wear out really quickly. They just look cooler than the fiberglass.

Definitely get the twin fiberglass disks, far superior to the metal disks and soft pads. I went through two sets of the metal ones in a few weeks of bashing but the fiberglass ones have been completely solid. The soft brake pads with the metal disks wear out really quickly. They just look cooler than the fiberglass.
cheers!

Go with the pink ones:
https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/87025

I had the single fiber, dual steel and dual pink fiber. Out of the 3, the dual pink worked the best and have lasted a long time. Just make sure to get a center skid to avoid having a rock or stick jam in them and break them. I had that happen once, got an RPM center skid for my X and no issues since.

The dual pink fiber grab really well and last a long time without getting a lot of fade with high speed runs.

I just had this problem the other day on one of my trucks.
the fix for my issue was i needed to add a washer to each retaining screw on the brakes. there was just too much play for them to grab

Back