HPI Savage 3 speed transmission

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Bolt in this completely pre-built HPI Savage 3 speed tranny and take your HPI Savage X to the next level! You get more punch and higher top speed, the best of both worlds! Faster track times, easier wheelies, blistering top speed, better fuel mileage, and lower engine temperatures are the result of the HPI 3 speed tranny, the ultimate HPI Savage upgrade.

Internally, the HPI Savage 3 speed tranny gearbox has been redesigned for extra durability and longer life. Hardened steel is used for many of the gears and hubs, stronger clutch mechanisms were developed...

Click to Continue

So this will fit in the Savage 25 right? Thanks in advance...........

Yes, this fits all HPI Savage trucks!

-Michael

I did a 3-speed upgrade on my 25 and it worked great. So I did my XSS too when I got it. Good upgrade.

Looks like its time for another upgrade....Nitroghost is telling me its time. Thanks WoodiE

It's good to see HPI finally paired the 3 speed up with the X case; that's the only way to do the upgrade!

But have they solved the problem of adjusting the 1-2 shift WITHOUT taking the tranny apart?

Nope, but they've at least compromised and included the X trans case, which basically allows you to take the trans apart in 6 screws.

Basically you are correct. You still have to pull it all apart to adjust 2nd gear. However, with the X case you are not pulling to whole thing out like I have to do on my 25 just the top I am pretty sure. luckily I have not had to do it on my XSS yet. I have a new engine I am putting in......so I am sure I can tell you for sure soon.

it is a great tranny and it does have a different ratio to put less stress on the car, drivetrain and motor, but my uncle had to do ALOT of tuning on the tranny to get it to shift right

get it dont get me wrong
but be prepared for tuning the tranny

Very nice! Thanks for the news Woodie. I wonder if it'll fit the X case?

anyone no what the shift point setting for the 3speed trans for k4.6