Hpi firestorm problem, Car goes nuts!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2 steppen

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay so today, me and a friend were driving his firestorm, its pretty much brand new, about 3/4 of a quart ran threw it. Well he was driving it, and all of a sudden car took off into my neighbors driveway. I ran and grabbed it and pinch the fuel line.

I talked to my LHS. I thought it was a interruption with crystal, He also told me it could be... 1. low fuel, running leaner, higher rpms, 2. Dead batterys in car or controller, or 3. what I said, crystal interuption.

I just wanted to get your guys opions on this, car is litterly brand new.

Could very easy be that the batteries in either the car or radio are weak/dead. Try swaping them out and seeing what happens. Also, anyone else you know around you running and rc's? If so, check them and see what channel they are running on.

K i told him to change the batterys.
Also with the whole car thing.. I dont think anyone around us is, no one that I know of atleast...

Okay, just always check to make sure that your servos and car are tweaking out after you turn it on.

If he has not already done so tell him to get a failsafe! It will keep him from crashing his rig if he receives frequency inter-mod or interference.

If he has not already done so tell him to get a failsafe! It will keep him from crashing his rig if he receives frequency inter-mod or interference.

I told him, and he said hes looking into one when he goes to the LHS tomorrow, also how many teeth does a firestorm spur gear have?

Back