HPI Firestorm Or Traxxas Nitro Rustler?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no i am going to get a brand new rc instead.

i didnt want to buy an used buggy. with my luck an used buggy would break down and there was no returns on it either.

I'd have to say go for the Rustler. They carry parts for it at almost every LHS and there is a lot of after market support.

is it true that the rustler can go up 60 mph out of the box?

i mean after the whole break in process.

It's advertised on the Traxxas site to do 50, so I doubt it will do 60 out of the box. If it did 60+, they'd probably call it Jato.

i didnt want to buy an used buggy. with my luck an used buggy would break down and there was no returns on it either.

There's no returns on new nitro rc's either, once you put fuel in the tank. I'd say a rustler would be a good rc for ya. Traxxas has good tech support.

If you want to get into racing too, I'm not sure if a Stadium Truck would be a very good choice, at least around here, no one runs them except for electrics. Monster Trucks, I believe would actually be the best beginner RC to buy. The question is, how much $ are you willing to spend?

Plus I doubt that the Rustler can hit 50 for the reason of how good of a tune you need., plus if you mess up during break in, it will also affect how much power it has. If you break it in weak it will run weak, but if you break it in too hard, it will blow up. Hitting 50+ will be hard to do especially if your a beginner. First time breaking in an engine may seem confusing, and may cause you to be very careful causing you to break it in weak. Also if it is broken in correctly, it will be hard to get the perfect 50+mph tune without a temp gauge. Speed isnt everything though, so I wouldnt be to worried about how fast it will go. If you can afford a Savage, then get one of those, especially since you said you live on a farm? Rustlers are good for beginners, but are losing popularity. Thats why I say go with a Savage.

i found a website that you pay 3 monthly payments so that is where i am going to get my nitro rc buggy or truck from.

can a guy get aftermarket bodies for the traxxas nitro rustler?

Yes, there are aftermarket bodies made for it.