Hpi Evo 3 Hsn

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ped vroom

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what is the setting once the engine is broken in since the car was used when i bought it and the needle was closed i don't know what the setting should be at. here are some pics of the engine:

im0018790dj.jpg

im0018744li.jpg

thanks,
John

there is no real setting after break in, it will vary from engine to engine..& with elevation
start with slightly leaner than factory setting & lean till you reach your optimum setting

thats my question i dont know what the factory seting is. what is it?

-john-

I have the RS4-3 SS with a completely different motor and carb (2 needle vs your single needle) but a common factory setting is 4 turns out. If you can get it started at that setting work it to a better tune from there. Also make sure you have about 1.5 mm gap at the carb opening so your engine will idle. 1.5 mm is about the thickness of an ATM/Credit Card.

Um, dude, that's not an Evo...

Or if it is, they swapped engines on you...

The Evo has a HPI T-15 (grey head, not purple), cast tubular header (not the flat ribbed one shown) and also has a stock two speed which would have two purple gears threaded onto the clutch bell. You can clearly see there's only one gear there.

yeah I'm pretty sure that the car either is an old evo or a different engine and set up but is is definitely a evo.

-john-

PS. and the engine is an HPI because it says it on the side of the engine. also i think it is a .12 .15 or maybe event a .18 but probably not. so do you think that is is 4 turns out?

MustangMan, that is an HPI car, but I can't tell which model. Appears to be an RS4, but I cannot tell which one (RS4, RS4-2, Evo). It might be that the original owner changed out the motor and ditched the 2 speed at the same time.

Check out the roll bar, the braking lever and the fuel tank.

Yep its the HPI RS4 RTR 3, that model used a single speed tranny and a HPI .15FE engine. The HPI RS4 3 Evo uses a 2-Speed and a HPI T-15 engine. The Evo also does have an aluminum tube header. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Good luck with the engine, let us know if you have any problems ped vroom.

i will thanks for all of your help

-john-