HPI electric starters

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hepher88

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I have brought a new electric starter rod and back plate for an electric drill, the wording is a bit missleading as I thought it was reffering to a hand drill and not the electric starter. I can however fit it to my hand drill, question is: does anybody know the rpm on the electric starters? If it is high enough would a hand drill be suitable or would it be too powerful and shred the teeth or something?

So I have brought a new electric starter rod and back plate for an electric drill, the wording is a bit missleading as I thought it was reffering to a hand drill and not the electric starter. I can however fit it to my hand drill, question is: does anybody know the rpm on the electric starters? If it is high enough would a hand drill be suitable or would it be too powerful and shred the teeth or something?
Just start with low speed on the drill. You should be fine

Just start with low speed on the drill. You should be fine
Thank you, I'll give it a go later. Read a lot of different opinions on it so best just to try I suppose

I have used drills many of times and on my old dragster I even used a bicycle rear tire to bump start it. Have to start this one by the rear wheels. 😉

Attachments

• 5584BDCA-CA91-4303-917F-0B3D0B076B34.jpeg
    5584BDCA-CA91-4303-917F-0B3D0B076B34.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 37AA38B3-DDDC-44E3-BB90-ABF3DF9D4F0A.jpeg
    37AA38B3-DDDC-44E3-BB90-ABF3DF9D4F0A.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 43
I use a Dewalt rechargeable driver for mine.
I have the Troy Built starter bit.
In fact, I have two of them because I am famous for putting something behind my ear and not being able to find it...;)

R.jpg

Lol I know the feeling loosing poop. Lost my wallet and canceled all my cards. My son found it in the fridge a week later. 🤦‍♂️

Lol I know the feeling loosing poop. Lost my wallet and canceled all my cards. My son found it in the fridge a week later. 🤦‍♂️
Who doesn't want cold hard cash? But having your credit cards frozen sucks! 🤣😜

Right so the starter rod doesn't fit my car :( I have a hpi 26 nitro engine and really struggling to find a rod that fits, I have spoken to a few sellers but none seem to have a fit. Does anybody know where I can get one or if there is an alternative please?

Right so the starter rod doesn't fit my car :( I have a hpi 26 nitro engine and really struggling to find a rod that fits, I have spoken to a few sellers but none seem to have a fit. Does anybody know where I can get one or if there is an alternative please?
Have you tried contacting HPI?

I've looked on the website and you can't contact them directly, you have to contact their local distributors however the one for the UK has a Danish website, address and contact number, have tried the same with hot bodies but they were taken over by hbs who are based in the US

Yeah I did have a look at these, the 1st one is for a 12. 15. 18. And I believe it will fit the 21. Engine size I have a 26 unfortuantly, then the 2nd one is for the F series and the 3rd for the K series and mine is a RR. I think to be honest it is just because the car is old, released in 2004 so I doubt the 26. Engine is still selling/ in use. I have emailed hpi so hopefully they may be able to source something for me and there local dealer in the UK is for a Danish company so not much help there either

I am liking the HPI roto start so much, that I am now looking at converting all my traxxas cars from EZ start to roto start.

I am liking the HPI roto start so much, that I am now looking at converting all my traxxas cars from EZ start to roto start.
Tiger drive used to be the hot ticket years ago.

Just thought I'd let you all know that I got it going!! Brought a starter for a different size and filed the tips down to fit mine
Way to go. You are now part of the RC Gangsta Club 😉 Sometimes it just takes a little ingenuity.

Back