HPI Customer Service!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbayton88

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I recently broke my antenna wire while Driving my savage. I called HPI customer service and told them what happened and they are replacing it free of charge due to me having a standard warranty when I bought the truck from tower hobbies. I honestly thought I was going to have to buy a new receiver or radio. But I'm once again happy with HPI racing and happy that I bought the truck new.

Hell yea dood! HPI/Hobbieco sure do know how to stand behind there products and take care of there customers.

I needed a new composite bulkhead and joint post so I contacted HPI about it a week ago and heard back from one of they're customer support reps yesterday. The CS rep placed an order for my replacements, said it wasn't in stock but I should receive it within a few weeks.

This was the second warranty claim I've made with them and sure as hell isn't gonna be the last. Gotta love that warrant, nothing better then free replacement parts!

I just got my new RS4 3 Evo from tower hobbies. After tightening the screws and making sure everything was ok, I was putting my body back on and realized that the paint was flaking on the inside of the body, and I had not even run it yet. I was very upset when I saw it. So I called HPI, and explained what the problem was and they are now sending me a new 67 corvette body, all free of charge!! :D

Post pics when you get it painted...

Too bad they wouldn't decorate it for you too.
Although you'll probably enjoy and appreciate it much more once you customize and paint it to your own hearts content.

Much good luck.

I too have had the distinct pleasure of doing warranty replacement with hpi.
Awesome company with considerate employees who really seem to give a crap.
Yes, repeat sales are relied upon...

Love my hpi Savage X 106364

Chas

I'm pretty sure they are sending him the same stock pre-painted lid, although I wish they would send him a clear one, I know someone who could lay down some nice paint for him! :D

I'm pretty sure they are sending him the same stock pre-painted lid, although I wish they would send him a clear one, I know someone who could lay down some nice paint for him! :D
Naw, I haven't seen him here in over a year.
Maybe you could throw on a coat of something for him. :p:

I just haven't had the desire to paint recently, or do much else for that matter, with everything that has gone on in my life, but now that my boys are getting really interested in rc, and we are in the process of building our own track, it has renewed my own interest. So I guess it's time to blow the dust off the brush, and lay some paint again. :)

I've got a '67 Vette on back order, paid for, but I don't think it was through HPI. At least I know they are back in production.

Well, since Tower is now the ONLY US distributor for HPI parts, and HPI USA is no more, it's now owned by Hobbico, I think getting HPI stuff is not gonna be as easy as it once was. They have also done away with the engine replacement program. :\

I sure hope this person knows what he is doing. :D LOL

Well, as you may know, I ordered the RS4 3 evo+, with the 67 corvette body. The paint was flaking and I called and told HPI what was happening and they said they would send me a new one. I just got my new body they sent me and it was flaking even worst than the original. So I called them again and I am now getting the black 67 corvette, instead of the metallic red that my other two are. They said that my new body should arrive Friday or Monday. Hopefully it is ok.

I can't argue HPI's customer service at all. About six years ago, I purchased a highly used Vorza off another forum and called to ask how much it would be to purchase a copy of the manual. They ended up sending two my way, the first of which disappeared in the Postal mess. They are great to work with.

Back