HPI Bullet or other RC?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP-12

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
How’s it going everyone!
I’m new to the hobby and was looking for advice or reccomendations on which RC I should start with.
I’m looking for nitro, something with a good selection of upgrades later on, and something that can hold up to some good fun.
I did my research and ordered the Nitro HPI Bullet ST, but am thinking I should have asked around before making a final decision.
I love the look of the body and whide wheel base, read that it’s built well for bashing, but have also read that there aren’t as many upgrades as some of the competitors have.
What are some of your guys’ thoughts?

Good choice mate, I would also consider the FTX carnage NT (it's my profile picture) I own one and it's a blast and very very quick. Also consider the Nanda racing NRB-5. Because they are all buget friendly. The FTX carnage NT has tons of upgrades so I would definitely recommend it

Those also look like good rigs! But I think I’m still leaning toward the bullet.
I should have it tomorrow and can’t wait to get it running and toss it around in the track!

Those also look like good rigs! But I think I’m still leaning toward the bullet.
I should have it tomorrow and can’t wait to get it running and toss it around in the track!
Have fun mate! Glad you chose nitro. Remember to break it in as it is CRUCIAL. Take your time with it. Have fun ??

The break in procedure for nitro engines that’s posted on this site, is it accurate for HPI engines as well, or should I look for a more HPI specific instruction procedure?

@JP-12, yes the break-in procedure posted works on all RC nitro engines.

Where are you located? I'm still not seeing a lot of parts support for HPI vehicles. Not sure when they are going to be everywhere again.

The bullet is a nice little truck and there aren't many 1/10th scale stadium trucks out there. Would have been better if it ran a center diff vs a slipper. It's basically a beefed up MT2.

Where are you located? I'm still not seeing a lot of parts support for HPI vehicles. Not sure when they are going to be everywhere again.

The bullet is a nice little truck and there aren't many 1/10th scale stadium trucks out there. Would have been better if it ran a center diff vs a slipper. It's basically a beefed up MT2.

NorCal, Sacramento area.
Hopefully by the time I’m ready to throw some upgrades at it, there will be a couple more options.
I was in the LHS yesterday to look around, but unfortunately they didn’t seem too helpful in there.

I was in the LHS yesterday to look around, but unfortunately they didn’t seem too helpful in there.
Sadly, that tends to be the case. At least you found this place. I went 2 or 3 years before I discovered online forums. Then again, was nearly 20 years ago... didn't even have email or internet on my phone back then. lol!