HPI Bodies And Non HPI Chassis?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ysr04

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I primarily use HPI bodies due to the detail and features, just a personal prefference. I have only owned HPI vehicles since getting into the nitro sedan scence but am considering something different as my choice for a racer. The R40 is in contention but that is another topic for another area of this site.

What I'm wondering is will the body post marking dimples that are located on the HPI bodies line up with the other manufacturers of 1/10th scale sedans? If so...what brands? I am considering the Serpent 710, Mugen Mtx 3, Kyosho V One or Kyosho FW05.

Thanks for the help!

I assume you are talking about the dimples for where to cut the holes.Well not really but you can run HPI bodies on pretty much any thing as long as it's a 200 MM . Lay the clear body on the car and mark the post holes on the out side with a felt tip pen. drill them after you paint it . If the body is already painted then put a little greese on top of the posts then lay the body on it for the location of the holes

I have tried those techniques on bodies when I ran 12th scale, just wondering if the body dimples lined up on some of the other manufacturers chassis's. I guess if I go with something other than an HPI....it's back to doing things the old fashioned way.

Ysr04 said:
I have tried those techniques on bodies when I ran 12th scale, just wondering if the body dimples lined up on some of the other manufacturers chassis's. I guess if I go with something other than an HPI....it's back to doing things the old fashioned way.
Sometimes they do Heres a little secret A lot of dimples are put there to help the molding process . It actually is a small hole drilled all the way threw the mold I'll do this sometimes to help pull detail lines but every bodymaker does it if you look closley at the lower detail lines you might see some