Howz these?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol dont be scared go on the rc-monster forums alot of ppl run em and they cheap

If you're looking for 2S LiPos, Yeah Racing makes great LiPos at a cheap price. They are made with Kokam LiPo cells, which is the same one Orion uses.

Excellent battery and very good price !
I use 8S (2x4S 5000) associated with the HXT 63-64 on the Super Chipmunk CMPro

here is my measurements and fly test.
With 20x8 APC E -> 64.3 A 27.6 v 1775 W 6690rpm and pull 9194 g. Flying time is 15mn!

http://www.bungymania.com/superchipmunk/indexposiessai.php
25 customers found this review helpful, did you? Yes | No
I bought 3 of these packs and I am using them to run a 1/8 scale brushless buggy conversion. The battery itself is very nice. It holds voltage reasonably well under load. I measured with my eagle tree 3.4v at an 80A burst load. Not quite as good as my higher end Polyquest and Flightpower packs, but for the price a darn nice battery.

The only reason it I didnt give it 5 stars is the T (deans style) connector that comes assembled on the pack is not good. The connectors on all 3 packs I got were a very loose fit when used with my authentic Deans plugs and the connection tends to come loose in use and heats up noticably. Once I changed the connector on the packs to an authentic deans plug they performed excellent.
23 customers found this review helpful, did you? Yes | No
Working great in an e-RC8 buggy, Neu 1512/2D/F, Mamba Max ESC, gets about 16 minutes run time in racing conditions. Great power, comes off the track 100 deg F. Cells staying nicely balanced. No regrets here, will definitely buy more.
9 customers found this review helpful, did you? Yes | No
this is my first lipo, and I'm really impressed by its quality.

I have make a measure with my eagle-tree µlogger on a Hopf Nemesis mono 2 boat, with this setup :
feigao 12L - K40.5 propeller - turnigy plush 80A

example with a 90 seconds test run,
max. amp. = 70 A / min.voltage = 13.85v
Avg. amp. = 24 A / avg. voltage = 15.08v

feel free to read the line charts of the run here:
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5947/zippy5000feigao12lk40tuvh6.jpg

moreover, with this lipo, my boat is 300gr lighter than with 12 cells GP3700

thanks UH for this excellent product !
7 customers found this review helpful, did you? Yes | No
This battery is amazing. And at a goodd rice . I can't compare how these are against maybe Thunder Power , since I never owned them, but those batteries cost twice as much. And I doubt they're twice as good.

I put this battery in an AXI 2826 motor turning a 13x10 prop. With aggressive flying, 50%-100% throttle at all times, I got 10 solid minutes of flight time. It drained the battery down to 200 mah as the charge total was 4800mah. The battery was a little warm when I touched it after the flight, before recharging it an hour later.

4 customers found this review helpful, did you? Yes | No
An order for two of these took 21 days to arrive after clearing HONG KONG airport. Since they are guaranteed for a short period, it pays to spend a little extra for EMS shipping. They worked nicely in my 10 pound lobster boat application.
3 customers found this review helpful, did you? Yes | No
Very happy with the 2 batteries I purchased. Came charged at 15.40 volts, which is the perfect storage voltage.(3.85v x 4) Weight on my scales is 517 grams. The discharge connectors that come with the battery seem to fit the genuine Deans connectors on my Triton 2 charger snugly. I'll leave them unchanged for the first flights. These batteries are going in a Hangar 9 Piper Pawnee.
Equipment:
Monster Power 46
60 amp ESC
13x8 APC prop
Futaba 6EX 2.4GHz radio
Will file another review with data, after assembly and flying. Have had excellent performance from the Zippy 4400 mAh batteries in my E-Flite Piper Pawnee, and expect the same from these batteries. Will be buying more of these, and some 5000 mAh 3S1P 20-30C Zippy batteries.
Thanks again Hobbycity!
Travis Wheelock 05/23/08
3 customers found this review helpful, did you? Yes | No
Excellent power-to-weight ratio. Won't use at 20C constant without cooling because it gets hot after 8 minutes at 10C average. Capacity is underrated, probably more like 5500mah if used under 10C. Will buy more.
1 customer found this review helpful, did you? Yes | No
THIS LIPO ARRIVED WITHIN A SHORT TIME TO FLORIDA, WELL PACKED AND WAS PROPERLY DISCHARGED FOR SHIPPING. THE MOTOR THIS LIPO POWERS IS THE KMS QUANTUM 4120/05 WITH A 60A ESC BY E-FLITE AND THE PLNE IS A 4 TO 5 LB MAGIC FUN-FLY WITH A 52 IN WINGSPAN. I WILL PROMISE YOU THIS LIPO WILL PROVIDE THE POWER AND DURABILITY AND FLIGHT TIMES YOU WOULD EXPECT OF LIPOS COSTING TWICE AS MUCH. BUY FROM HOBBYKING-UNITEDHOBBIES-HOBBYCITY WITH COMPLETE CONFIDENCE. THANK YOU ALL IN HONG KONG FOR A GREAT HOBBY COMPANY AND SUPPLIER OF FAIRLY PRICED MERCHANDIZE.... RICK FROM THE PANHANDLE OF FLORIDA - USA
1 customer found this review helpful, did you? Yes | No
Robert.
Did you find this helpful? Yes | No
I use 2x4s in a 1.85m Decathlon at 45 Amps max / 28.9V. Plane goes nearly vertical.

After 6 flights nearly no cell drift. Excellent internal resistance: Pack 1=27mOhm / Pack 2=31mOhm.

Now I am curious concerning the long term quality...
Pretty good lipos, holding voltage very well and Strong enough to generate 1560W peaks from my Truggy conversion. I am very happy with them hope thet they will be same powerful after 20-30 cycles. Yet 10+ no any sign of puff or bad cells

Not much else to say here - great prices, holds voltage well, runs cool. I'm getting more!

use losi 8ight with mmm, 2100kv 15 min runtimes easily
I have 2 of these zippy batteries and love them. I use them in my 1/8 buggy and have had no problems with them. I get about 15 minutes run time and the batteries come off at a temp of around 95deg F. I highly reccommend these batteries for this application.
I previously rated this battery at 5 stars, but after about a year of flying on these batteries, I have to update my review. I have 6 of these batteries. After about 1 year of flying and about 80 cycles, only 3500 mah of the battery is useful. The rest of the amps falls below useful voltage for 40-60 amps of constant drain. That makes flight times of only about 8 minutes of aggressive flying on my 2826 AXI motor. I used to get 10+ minutes.
The inter-cell weld connection in mine failed after only 5 runs in a 1/12 scale lobster boat. I would advise you to liberally pad the end of the pack with the wires coming out. My battery (4s1p zippy-h blue) was well secured and operating at 80 amps. The failure came at the end of a run in which no sudden stops, spin-outs, or collisions happened. The open connection was between cells number 3 and 4.
Not a stellar performer, but a good lipo anyway. Runs correctly with a full throttle current of 70A half of the time on my Me262. Voltage drops a bit more than the HXT G2 lipos, but the Zippy don't seem to puff like the HXT did. Wouldn't use it at 30C, even for a few seconds. I think 20C for 30 seconds is realistic, no more.
This battery is amazing. And the price is stellar. I can't compare how these are against maybe Thunder Power or Evo, since I never owned them, but those batteries cost twice as much. And I doubt they're twice as good.

I put this battery in an AXI 2826 motor turning a 13x8 prop. With aggressive flying, 50%-100% throttle at all times, I got 10 solid minutes of flight time. It drained the battery down to 200 mah as the charge total was 4800mah. The battery was just warm when I touched it after the flight, before recharging it an hour later.

My other batteries don't even compare, and the price isn't even close. I wish I found these batteries sooner. Would have saved me a bunch of money.

I put this battery in an Eratix with a Power 32 motor turning a 14x7 prop. It increased my ability to fly more agressive flying, and increased my flying time by over 4 minutes. I went from 8 minute flights to 12 minute flights. More then I ever need. The battery was just warm when I touched it after the flight.

My other batteries don't even compare, and the price isn't even close. I wish I found these batteries sooner. Would have saved me a bunch of money.
Did you find this helpful? Yes |