How's your job?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Guess you guys have noticed I've been on a little more lately.

Well it's 2am and I've been home for an hour. Was on days since about October. Got used to that. 7 to 3 and I could get some things done around the house.
Now it's 3 to 1 at night, can't seem to catch up. Hate this shift. My kitchen is still tore up. Right in the middle of Mom's bathroom. My yard hasn't been mowed for 2 weeks. Just can't get anything done.

Told the guys at work I would like to work an 8 hr. shift for a change...

Well haven't worked a Saturday for a long time....

Yeah, guess this is a rant. Glad things are picking up. Just seems like it's wide open or nothing.

How is your job?

my schedule absolutely sucks, and lately work has been stressing me out a lot, not neccesarly the job, but the lazy people i work with, oh and the assholes. for the last week i have been debating throwing my time card at my supervisor, but i need a job and i like the job itself, just some of the people should be shoveling trash in my opinion

Man this shift...

I'm scared to do anything around the house. May have to work my balls off in a few hours.

And sleep...
Just doesn't work.

Getting about 3 hours. I'll lay in bed thinking I'll be able to....
Slept about all day last Saturday.

Smaxxin, I'm drinking one for you now. Your job sux too.

Last edited:
if i printed out a copy of my schedule you wouldn't be complaining about your schedule, either of you.

My schedule now sucks the big one, I went from working Monday -Thursday 12:30pm to 11:00pm, 4 10's to working Sunday 6:00pm to 4:00am Monday Tuesday Wednesday 4:45pm to 1:15am and Thursday 6:00pm to 4:00am, at least I still got Friday and Saturday off.

Damn guys. I feel for you. I have nothing to complain about. I work Monday-Thursday 7am to 4:30pm and Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm... I get every other Friday off. We work a compressed work schedule and it is not bad at all. It took a bit of getting used to, to work 9 hour days, but when you get 2 three day weekends a month... it is not bad at all.

Of course I wish I didn't have to work at all! LOL

not having a job would suck more.

Well, I guess I'm the lucky one here. I retired in 2006. Now all I have to do is mess around in the woodshop, tinker with the RC's and watch my grandson 3 days a week. But I know how you feel. For 25 years I was a deputy sheriff. We worked a 7a-3p, a 3p-11p, 11p-7a and a swing shift where you caught a little bit of each of them. We would work a certain shift for a month at a time, and then go to another one. Just about the time you get used to one shift, you had to go to another one. Then I movd to the detective section and worked straight days. But was subject to call outs at anytime day or night. Did not get paid for the call outs. We had to take "comp time" for it. And scheduling comp time was a PITA. About a year after I retired, the powers to be decided to let the guys bid shifts. Damn, I was high man on the totem pole when I left. I could have had any shift I wanted. But what the hell. I enjoy my time now.

Week 1
7:45am to 6:00 (NO LUNCH) monday thru thursday, Friday 6:30a - 6:00p (NO LUNCH) and sat 6:30 -4:30(NO LUNCH)
Week 2
7:45a - 6:00p (NO LUNCH) Mon-Thursday, Get a three day weekend

Well, I have a job so that's the high point. I'm also working a much better schedule that allows me more family time at home. However, I'm not doing the work I used to and even though they've told me they intend to have me back in that department when things pick up and honestly highly doubt it. I'm doing work now which I get little satisfaction from but it's still the same paycheck so considering the worlds circumstances I really don't have much to complain about. I'm just not as happy at work as I used to be. All I can do is keep my nose to the grindstone and hopefully something good will come of it all.

Switch bi-weekly.

Mon-fri: 0530hrs - 1400hrs
Mon-fri: 1330hrs - 2200hrs

I guess I'm spoiled. I work officially for the State of New York. I work from 8:30-4:00 every day. Even in this crap economy I've accrued somewhere along the lines of a 9% increase in salary this year, most coming from a professional adjustment because the state realized we were underpaid in relation to the private sector. So I can't complain at all. My job is secure and I get a check every week.

I'm medically retired, but I worked part-time for a company that tested tires. You could be scheduled for days and that the start time for your shift could be anywhere from 5am to 5pm. And you weren't guaranteed to the same start time the next day. They also only ran 12-hour shifts. This place really sucked.

Damn guys. I feel for you. I have nothing to complain about. I work Monday-Thursday 7am to 4:30pm and Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm... I get every other Friday off. We work a compressed work schedule and it is not bad at all. It took a bit of getting used to, to work 9 hour days, but when you get 2 three day weekends a month... it is not bad at all.

Of course I wish I didn't have to work at all! LOL

I also work the 9/80 schedule. Those extra 3 day weekends are awesome. The last couple years I've been on special projects so I'd have to work most of my off Fridays but those have started to thin out and now I can get most of my scheduled Fridays off.

The hard hit came last year when I got promoted from a salary non-exempt position to an exempt position. I took a fat pay cut and my RC budget hasn't been the same since. But I'm not complaining at all, my badge still works to open the work gates each morning. :)