How to/where to recycle a brushed motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I still have a motor in my spare parts bag. It was the traxxas titan 12t from my slash last June. Last time I runned it, it had a very bad squeal to it. I basically have no use for it or I can just keep it as a spare. I will upgrade to brushless in my slash and rustler when the motor goes out and/or if the ESC fries up. I also have the stock chassis and skid plates from my slash so I'm keeping that as a spare. Also have the 2.8 monster truck tires from my "monster slash build" that didn't go so well. The tires are just sitting on the shelf. I never ran those tires outside. I only ran it on carpet inside my house. So I can either keep them and use it when I get a monster truck like a stampede or granite. So the big question is can I throw away the motor in the regular trash or do I have to take it somewhere to recycle?

best to recycle all things you want to throw away, call your local DPW they should be able to tell you. All places are different so unless someone is in your city it will be different.

I broke down several brushed and brushless and even nitro motors and took them to the scrap yard. Seperated aluminum, steel, copper etc. I wqs doing that to help pay cancer treatments on a large scale, so I chucked them into bins.

On drill motors all rusted, I chucked it into the steel pile.

Some hobbyshops sometimes recycle phones, probably want quick easy gold money, but they may take other items.

Or hang onto it. Collectors pay big bucks for provenance items-even if they don't work. Keep it in the basher stash for ten years and then sell it on Ebay.

Or use it as a 'dummy' motor for a shelf queen display.

Regarding the MT tires. Hang onto them as well. Things have a habit of coming full circle in this hobby. What has no use now may be a big cost saver down the road on a future project. Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'

Back