How to tell if my 2 speed transmission is working?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rednexneffex2

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Can't seem to tell if it is kicking in or not. I don't hear the car wind up and go back down like on my HPI.

If it winds up quickly and doesn't shift, you're stuck in 1st. If it's a poor take off and a high speed run, you're stuck in 2nd.
It might also be shifting to 2nd too quickly to notice it.

Well it seems it just doesn’t go as fast as I expected. It claims that it goes 50mph but I just don’t see it. I have run 50 or so yards wide open and just don’t see that kind of speed.

will have to try adjusting the trans. I ran a tank through it just going from a stop to full throttle but easing all the way up. No shift at all. Just what I need is more stuff to tinker with lol.

If this is a new car, don't expect full performance till you've run several gallons through it.
Your trans adjust is like a clock. Where it is now would be 12 O'clock. If you back it off to 11 O'clock, that would be earlier, so it will shift earlier. If you turn it clockwise to 1 O'clock, that would be later than 12, so it will shift later.

Thank you I will mess with it soon