How to Stop heat from melting your body shell

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevo747

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi guys is there anything out there on sale to put on your exhaust or bodyshell to stop it from melting my FTX Nitro Carnage is starting to buckle and melt slowly? Is there anything out there for sale to stop this happening all help greatly appreciated guys.
Have Fun 🤩 Stevo….🤟🏻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿👍👍

You can cut vents in the body to extract the heat. Maybe put some heat shielding or fiberglass tape on the body to reflect the heat away.

Hi WickedFog
Where would I purchase the tape ? It’s most probably online yes? How much does it cost? Is this normal for a ftx carnage? There seems a lot of people complaining about such a thing. Now it’s happening to my shell so I’m gona buy a clear shell paint it myself and put the tape on as you suggested and stamp holes along the exhaust side sound good to you? 🤟🏻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿👍

2 Inch x 32.8 ft Heat Resistant Tape Adhesive Backed Heat Shield Reflective Tape Glass Fiber Cloth Aluminum Foil Tape for Intake Pipe Engine Bay etc 4 Rolls https://a.co/d/aV4FxiK

LOL. You can get Aluminum tape at most hardware stores. It is used to tape exhaust vents. The good stuff will stick really well and can be molded into any shape you apply it to.

you can use muffler tape from a auto store.

Make a metal body few mine like that. They won’t melt 🤪 but if not vented right will be very hot!! Possibly burn up all internals.

Back