How to replace suspension

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbulles1126

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My suspension isn't bad i just want to replace it because, i was searching something on amazon and i saw a blue suspension replacement kit. And i think it would look cool on my rc car. I have a Traxxas Slash 4 wheel drive. I don't have a suspension yet.

For arms of a Slash, I'd always go with RPM parts, NOT aluminum. Aluminum looks pretty but doesn't hold up well in my experience. For shocks and springs, I'd go with the Traxxas upgraded shocks and their spring kits.

D on a slash there are manuals online along with a few youtube videos showing you how...id take pictures b4 I start so you can reference to put back together...

Bulkheads and shock towers you could go aluminum, but if your bashing, the arms should be stock or RPM.

D the thing is all RCs have built in break spots..with the change to aluminum parts you change the break points. I have been racing my 2slash trucks for 5 years now..one has many mods with a 10.5 and a 200 amp esc along with a 25 amp esc. a ball diff and metel spur gear. aluminum steering . rpm rear hubs and trx aluminum from C hub.rpm trans .. I break nothing anymore..1st race years ago my rear hub was broke by a unskilled driver than ran into my rear end on a tight turn..I wanted to race oval dirt so I went to the Slice B chassis.And my other is completely stock brushed(raced a 1000 lap a few years back )I went thru 3 sets of tires and 2 motors. broken Boke motors in with the green antifreeze technic.on my old school dyno that I can set voltage and run time on..It can do a lot more but no need to confuse anyone(APS dyno)..anyway I wrote this to lets you know its really up to you and your wallet..Just have a blast enjoy what you have created and get ready to use your tools..Best of FUN.TnT

100% this.
Even having towers as RPM if you can is better than aluminum. You want things that take the most frequent direct impacts with the ground, trees, inanimate objects to allow for flex. Aluminum does not flex. It bends and breaks whatever it is bolted to or that is bolted to it.

I dont think he is after reliability but after the Bling .. He said I think it would look cool..nothing about bashing hard just LOOKS..

I have intergy alum on my slash ,bandit ,rustler ,rustler4x4 and my udr. they are all for racing.for my bash cars ,kraton, outcast, fazon or rock-rey are plastic. for my scale trucks I use cnc brass and stainless. This can run in to some money but the ridged parts are just better for racing

I have had very BAD luck with the Integy parts. I would recommend against them.

I only had one bad fit up. It was on the bandit vxl. every other car fit great.
not neccasarily their fit up in question, but the quality/strength of parts. many pieces tend to bend, but as above i did post a list of a general consensus of parts that hold up and those that dont.

I've had decent luck with Integy parts, but I only race, no bashing. I was looking through the list, some of the things they said work didn't for me, and things they said didn't, worked for me well. I think the issue with Integy is, and always has been, consistency. I supposed some items like their tires/shocks/clutches are things they can't generally screw up.

I will say the parts for the Slash seem vastly stronger than what I have on my Tmaxx though. For bashing I think the Slash bulkheads and shock towers look pretty indestructible, just make sure the arms are plastic. My Slash is a drag racer, and I wanted weight and no flexing, so it's 100% metal, and presumably a wreck at 60mph isn't going to matter what you have, it's gonna hurt either way, lol.

Back