How to answer police and avoid arrest?!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Careless operation, driving under suspension, anything over 20 mph over limit.... Etc are mandatory court.

Failure to maintain control and leaving the scene of an accident also require a court appearance...so I've heard :D

Anything associated with a crash.

Anything associated with a crash.

Not necessarily true, at least not in all places. Here, the officer doesn't have to issue a citation or summons if there is no injury-especially with single vehicle accidents.

Leaving the scene here, however, is not only mandatory court appearance, but is also a felony offense, short of extenuating circumstances that justify it (such as you were en route to the emergency room with a child having an asthma attack). In those cases, if the person turns themselves in as soon as possible, they are usually not charged with a felony.

Careless operation, driving under suspension, anything over 20 mph over limit.... Etc are mandatory court.

I know for a fact that a careless citation is not (or didn't used to be, anyway) mandatory municipal here in CO, as I have been so cited and paid the fine by mail. Here, careless is the lower offense; reckless is mandatory appearance. I was also mistaken about the speeds in my previous post; in CO, 1-24 MPH over is civil, 25+ is criminal.

Not trying to bicker about minutia, just pointing out that what constitutes a civil or criminal, petty offense/misdemeanor/felony varies from state to state.

Here with a crash ANY time something is written whether it be criminal or traffic is mandatory court. This I'm 100% sure of. I work for LOUISIANA police. Idk how anyone else's stuff is.

The other stuff I listed is 100% sure for appearance in Louisianas 19th Judicial court. Just as I'm sure that driving with a suspended drivers license is a Criminal offense.

Back