How nice, BP cares about the "small people"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
capt.5fe287ffd66440a3814642e924f4da37-5fe287ffd66440a3814642e924f4da37-0.jpg

It's so nice to hear that BP cares about us "small people", I mean because it's so obvious with all the progress that's being made nearly 60 days later... :angry:

BP chairman says company cares about "small people"

WASHINGTON (AFP) – BP chairman Carl-Henric Svanberg said Wednesday the British energy giant cared about the fate of the "small people" hit by the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, vowing to look after all affected.

Emerging from White House talks with President Barack Obama, Svanberg said the British energy giant had "always met our obligations and responsibilities."

"We have made clear from the first moment of this tragedy that we will live up to all our legitimate responsibilities," Svanberg said, adding all claims for compensation would be met "swiftly and fairly."

"We will look after the people affected, and we will repair the damage to this region, the environmental damage to this region and to the economy," he added.

Obama said he had urged the BP bosses to remember when they were meeting in the boardroom to "keep in mind those individuals, that they are desperate, may lose business that have been in their families for two or three generations."

Svanberg agreed, saying: "We care about the small people."

Source: Yahoo

Last edited:
Well. it's nice to know that they care so much now. Too bad they didn't show that before this disaster.

You have to look at the picture in perspective..

Because he is such a BIG ASS, the rest of the people in the world are small.

I heard another comment he made this morning, he wants this to be over with as much as anyone..."I just want to get my life back", he said.

Uh oh! 100+ million gallons spilled in the ocean with more and more every day, time to say we care!

Why do they only care about the "small people"? What about all the rest of us who are between 4 feet and over 6 feet tall?

He mean small business. The media is spinning this particular comment unfairly and in a very ignorant way.

I find it funny that there have been 3 different researchers, including Jack custo's own son, claiming that there are several oil plumes floating under the surface of the ocean.
They state that they could be 100's of feet below the ocean surface getting moved by currents.
Regardless, BP state that these claims are irrelevant and there's no substantial proof that it is really happening or there.

I heard another comment he made this morning, he wants this to be over with as much as anyone..."I just want to get my life back", he said.

Yeah, his life is much more important sense it's worth billions. Who cares about those worth less. :\

BP is helping the "small people" more than anyone else right now. Does anyone else here have any idea how much money the people who make their living in the fishing and shrimping industry are making right now? They are pulling in about 6X more than they normally would. I know several people who are renting their boats to BP and helping with the cleanup. The cheapest i have heard so far is $1200 a day for a small boat. Several guys have multiple boats and they are renting them and hiring 3 man crews to work them. BP is supplying unlimited fuel and groceries for all of the boats as well. The average shrimper who is willing to run his boat to help cleanup is making no less than 1500 a day and most are well over the 2-3K a day. Just to give you an example, the brother of a guy i work with is renting two boats. One for 1200 and one for 2000 a day. BP is also paying him 300 per deckhand on the boat.

Just walking the beach nets you 30-50 an hour.

BP is going above and beyond as far as i am concerned. They are pumping more money into this cleanup and recovery than anyone else including our useless government.

If seen footage of the oil coming up through cracks in the sea floor. If I get time tonight, I'll find it and post it here. Regardless of what BP is doing, or who is ultimately responsible for this mess, it is beginning to look as if the Gulf of Mexico will be where we can get oil without drilling.

^^Best answer I've heard yet. And FLM savage and runaway Jim are spot on, he meant the common working man, and small business owners who will be ultimately hit with higher fuel prices, and higher taxes to clean up this mess. He just doesn't have very good English skills, and some things get lost in translation if it isn't your native language.

The name and his accent leads me to believe he is from Sweden, and Wiki agrees with me. It is very easy for the media to spin his words when he is not speaking his native language.

What we should remember is that what we see is only what they want us to see, just something to keep in the back of your head while watching the news.

Sensational news stories=Big ratings=More Money!

Back