How much would cutting a hole in my slash 4x4 body reduce motor and esc temps?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My slashes body is already trashed. so I’m wondering if I cut a big circular hole in the windshield if it would improve temps enough to matter?

add a fan . sure you can cut holes in windshield with A body reamer then cut out the vents in the rear of truck in most bodies.. cutting the holes in body will not really reduce motor temps but it will reduce ballooning of body on jumps. A fan will do more..

I wouldn't exactly call it a A/C but every little bit helps. I've seen a lot of guys cut out the windshield and replace it with a mesh of some kind.
I doubt it cools it down any but it certainly would let the the heat escape and that would help.

The trucks get a lot of circulation from the gaps between the body and the frame. Like Tune and TNT are right about cutting holes will offer more venting. In order for the ventilation to work, you would have to direct the air to the motor. I did it on my buggy and it worked pretty good, but only when moving. As a basher, I wouldn't recommend it because your motor will be pretty dirty due to directing all that dust to your motor. It is also a bit of work. A fan is best. They are less than $20.

Back