how much to pay for original rs4?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kballs

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What is a fair price to pay for an 1st generation rs4 with no elec? Is it even worth buying one of these? I don't know much about these, i'm more into dirt right now.

no its not worth it. the parts may be hard to find if any break. your better off with the rs4 2 or 3

The Nitro Racer (RS4 kit), Nitro RS4 RTR, Nitro RS4 2 (RTR), and Nitro Racer 2 (Kit) are all the same car more or less. They are just updated chassis'. All the parts are interchangable. But if you're trying to convert an original RS4 to a Racer 2, it'll probably cost more money than it's worth.

Also, i'd imagine with the orignal RS4, parts will be hard to find if you're trying to do an OEM restoration with original parts. You will probably have to do a special order with HPI which I assume can get costly.

Overall, even with the Racer 2, which is the most current of all original RS4's,it is still extremely outdated especially if you have racing in mind. Not only is their radio tray hard to work with when installing electronics, but overall maintenance can be rather difficult.

There's a lot better cars to use when it comes to having a balance of racing and bashing while considering maintenance.

e-bay usually has a good stock of parts for the belt drive cars. But, I would stock up while they are avaliable.

rs4

thanks for the advice, I think i'm gonna jam out on that car. Maybe look for a nitro tc3.

Back