How much $$$ do you spend on your truck?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
buy a kit and what you need to run it.....dont get in to all the mods you will just break the bank.....the stock kit is sweat by its self ....if you have to spend money..upgrade....new.body ....batterys....radio ...in that order

I'm probably the cheapest spender around here...or perhaps the most prudent driver...or perhaps my slash is stock powered, hardly enough power to cause any major breakage? :) Hmm...nevertheless I spent just $80 in the last 4 months since I bought the Slash. Consist of 2 7cell packs, a pair of spur (No I didn't strip them, just for spares), a 16T pinion and a 45wt shock oil. Not a single part have broken, even the short lived Titan...is still going strong..5 hours/week of driving. I took care of the motor pretty well. But the Slash is a tank. pretty durable.

In the past I was into nitro MTs and I had literally thousands tied up in it all between motors, susp, shocks, etc. When I got out of RCs I parted out 1 truck for $1500 (taking a loss of course).

Now that I've gotten back into RCs with the Slash I fully intend to keep it cheap. So far I bought the truck (used), 3 batteries, and a body for it. I also spent about $60-70 on parts to get the RC10T conversion I've been working on put together.

just dropped 124.00 (no lie) on ebay scoffing up a vxl-3 velenion rustler in mint shape. Been beating on this and balding out 2 sets of new tires with all those blacktop burnouts:) That is one wild brushless setup. Originally it was for my slash build and I was going to downgrade the rustler to a vxl-5 setup but I like it in the rustler and don'yt really need the fastest slash on the track so i backed up and put the xl5 speed control and 12t back into it.

OK I pleed the 5th on this one. I don't know maybe a little to much. lol I don't like to add it ALL up at once. I am married you know. OK here be my stats to date for my Slasher.

Stock Slash
RPM A Arms both Front & Rear
RPM Front Knuckles and Hubs
RPM Rear Hubs
RPM skid PLates both Front & Rear
RPM Gear Cover
RPM Rear Bumper Mount
STRC Polished Stainless Steel Hinge Pins w/ locknuts
STRC Alloy Hex drives Red
Traxxas BIG Bore Shocks 35F / 40R AE silicone fluid
Traxxas Tubes Turnbuckles both Front & Rear
Traxxas Aluminum Steering Rack
Traxxas Revo Servo Guard
Traxxas 2 and 3 Cell Lipo Battery Strap
Traxxas Stock Wheels & Tires (Next To Go)
Custom Front & Rear Mud Flaps
MIP Rear CVD Kit
XRC mag Rear Diff. sealed & greased replaced w/ diff fluid 50000wt. mod.
Pro-Line Desert Rat Body
Hitec HS645MG Steering Servo
Tekin R1 Brushless Motor/ESC combo 5Turn
AE 540 Heatsink w/ Fan
Losi 2 cell 5000mah 20c/30b LiPo Battery
23/83 48p Gearing
JR RS310 Micro Synth. FM Recv.
Airtroincs MX-3S Synth. FM Radio
Plus a few things I forgot

I spent too much now its all for sale see the classified section on this forum for details. Ok maybe just 2 of my many but I need to sell them now so email me once you look and get screaming deals on them

i would say $20 monthly for repairs. but I'm a pretty experienced driver so i dont crash badly very much. i spend more on upgrades than repairs.