How many spare parts do you have?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I'll go first
Associated B74.1
Traxxas Slash and Rustler
Could show the mini b but I have very very little spares for that car.

PXL_20240219_014400578.jpg

PXL_20240219_014900310.jpg

I have one large parts bin in my den with freezer bags filled with Arrma, Traxxas, and Tekno parts, also two bags of body mounts (Arrma and other). In the garage I have three large garbage bag filled with pieces of trucks and assemblies (my own personal RC junkyard).

Nothing really. I don't tend to break stuff. But some wheels would be a good idea, they're almost slics now

My nitro stampede I can build 2 more. My nitro rs4 I can build about 3 more. My 1/16 traxxas I can add 2 more. I got totes and body bags full of them. Right next to my dog and pew pew is where they are. 🤪

It has been many years now since I purchased my Edam Spirit 1/10. I had already started looking for some spare parts and optionals, aware of the high price. Unfortunately at that time this hobby was put aside for a long time.
Fortunately about 5 years ago fate knocked on my door. A private individual was selling a lot of spare parts for the Edam Spirit, at a really good price. I couldn't let this opportunity pass me by!
Today that pile of spare parts is a little treasure to me. The Edam Spirit has been out of production for years, and finding spare parts has become an arduous and expensive task. Having everything I need at my disposal is a real godsend.
20230216_115904.jpg

I have parts, spares, upgrades, and accessories I know I've totally forgotten about.
It's normal for me to open up a box, I haven't opened in awhile and be like: Oh, yeah...

I have parts, spares, upgrades, and accessories I know I've totally forgotten about.
It's normal for me to open up a box, I haven't opened in awhile and be like: Oh, yeah...
Same here

I will never conform or deny.

I have enough spare parts to build an xmaxx roller, pretty close to the same for the 8s outcast. I keep at least a full set of control arms for every vehicle. I think I have more rpm arm sets than most hobby shops. Multiple sets of tires for each vehicle, including the crawlers. Piles of brushed esc's and motors. Tons of misc wiring, lights, connectors. Several spare bodies.

I beat the crap outta all my bashers so spare parts are pretty necessary. I think I probably have more spare parts than most folks and they are all very well organized. I don't have any pics on my phone but I can take some when I get home.

I usually run across those parts after I've ordered a new set, then remember I had a set.
God forbid I organize all my spares. :doh:

I have 3 bins the size of a shoebox full of spares. Got to where I rarely keep stock parts that I remove. The ones I like I leave on the rig, the ones I remove for upgrades I don't use again so they just go to the trash unless they are worth enough to sell on ebay to fund other upgrades.

I usually run across those parts after I've ordered a new set, then remember I had a set.
God forbid I organize all my spares. :doh:
Doesn't throwing storing things into a unlabeled box or drawer constitute as organization? 🤔

Yeah, I'm guilty of buying stuff I forgot I already have. Honestly though, sometimes it's easier to shell out the dough, rather than digging through all the crap to find it. 😄

Doesn't throwing storing things into a unlabeled box or drawer constitute as organization? 🤔

Yeah, I'm guilty of buying stuff I forgot I already have. Honestly though, sometimes it's easier to shell out the dough, rather than digging through all the crap to find it. 😄
Well I guess I am organized, thanks @Xraycer :thumbs-up:

Back