How many people are running a rear Anti-sway-bar?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShredSled

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just as the title asks, wondering who all here has one bolted on?

Wondering which bar you went with, the soft, medium, or hard?

I've got one on order, just curious which one might be the most common set-up.
Going to start with soft and just see how it effects handling and if I like it.

And while I'm at it, anyone have a front? (doesn't appear to be a straight bolt-on kit, but I'm sure someone has attempted, although I don't think I personally need one up there...)

I plan on ordering this kit also, is it worth the $? that is my question since I did not notice a kit for the front..any input..:confused:

I have the black (softest) on mine. The biggest difference you can make on these trucks is to fit the gold (firmest) sway bar to the front. It's pretty simple but requires some modification to the "top plate".

Here's what you do-
1. Use a dremel with a cut-off wheel to "slot" the vertical ribs in the top plate. Position the ribs so that the sway bar is just behind the front edge of the lower a-arm. Make sure that the sway bar fits freely down into the new grooves.
2. Place the sway bar into the grooves and make a mark outside of each vertical rib. Drill a very small hole at your mark (hole should be slightly smaller than the screw size used to capture hinge pins on the arms). Place a washer on each screw and tighten down to secure the sway bar. Make sure it is not too tight as it will bind the bar.
3. It is easiest to route the sway bar over the upper adjusting link. Trim your threaded rod (supplied in the sway bar kit) and make your link for each side. The most common location for the new hole to attach the bottom of the link is just inside of the lower/inner shock mount. Make sure you leave enough room to access the inner shock mounting hole in case you ever need to use it.

You will be amazed at how much this will stabilize the SC10. It's like driving a whole new truck.

I have it installed now with the black right now also, I did not like the little tiny washer setup so i went with a bigger one, and with bigger screws also

Back