how many differentials are there for the mp777?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pissant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi, well i have started on my project. I am building a mp777 from the ground up. How many diff. are there? Are there 3?? :shrug:

Yes, just like Cvec said 3. The front one is TCD, the center and rear are the normal ones!

Woody

just so i dont make another topic, where would the best place to buy mp777 parts??

Roger that Scummer!! Tower would be the only place to get parts! I suggest you save your money, and buy it all at once. It tends to cost about 30-40% more if you by it piece by piece. Get the basic model, and upgrade from there! You can get the basic model for what $500 something??

Woody

Never! I would use http://stores.ebay.com/Bens-Kanai-Parts-Shack_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm I use him all the time and he ships FAST! If you need anything he will get it for you and for less than tower. (Just look at the price of the diffs!) Email him he is a great guy to work with all the people I raced with in Denver use him and no probs. in 2 years that I know of. Just ask Wolf AKA f-450 wolfman or Doug AKA MUDDSLGN on the ratraceway board they will tell you how good he is.

Last edited:
definitly.. use ben88 on ebay.. he is great.. great prices.. and great communication.. also.. 500 somthing for a regular kit.. that is high.. i got mine for 490 shipped.. that was when they first came out.. you can go to www.ultimatehobbies.com they have a good call in price.. can't post the price online.. but if you call.. they have free shipping.. so check them out..

If your building from the ground up.. the only way to go is ben88 on ebay.. not sure if you will come out ahead or not.. but he sells complete front and rear end packages.. and all that.. he also will sell outside ebay.. so email him.. and he will quote you a price on everything..

Ok thanks guys! I have another question about the diff. Are the rear and front the same? and the center is difference?

On a Kanai.. or SP!, the front is a LSD diff, and the rear is the regular diff.. Center is the same as rear.. except it has a big spur gear instead of the smaller gear you see on the rear diff..

However.. you can run the regular diff in the front of the SP1 also.. just like you can run the LSD in the rear.. it will work.. but the perfomace is all wrong..

Some guys run regular diff in the front cuz the LSD diff makes it too twitchy.. or takes away steering.. Also.. with a regular diff.. you have options on what oils to run and change the setup of the car with that.. LSD is limited to the oils you can use..

So.. the LSD is different that the standard diff..

The car can have the standard diff in the front..

The center is a standard diff with a 46tooth spur gear on it.. the rear is a standard diff with a smaller gear on it..

Normally.. i run standard diffs all through the car.. front.. standard diff with 3-5k oil in it.. center standard with 5-7k oil in it.. rear standard with 1k or grease in it..

i have a LSD diff.. with red LSD oil in it.. i have not tried yet

The case for the diffs. is the same. The front comes with LSD gears center has the big spur and back run stock diff gears. I think even from Ben88 in the long run you would save a great deal of money if you hold off till you can buy the kit all at one time. but if you have to get parts one at a time Ben88 is the way to go. You may want to talk to people at Rat I know at one time Jeff had a NIB 777 he wanted to sell.

meathead.. the LSD diff.. is different.. than the standard diff.. the big gear on the LSD diff is different than the standard.. i tried putting the LSD diff gears inside a regular diff.. and it wouldnt work.. binded up.. come to find out.. on the LSD diff.. the big ring gear is deeper than the standard or something like that..

god i am so confused, so i need a tcd one, a center one, and a regular one right?? iam getting a special!

dgrobe2112 said:
meathead.. the LSD diff.. is different.. than the standard diff.. the big gear on the LSD diff is different than the standard.. i tried putting the LSD diff gears inside a regular diff.. and it wouldnt work.. binded up.. come to find out.. on the LSD diff.. the big ring gear is deeper than the standard or something like that..

I did not know this. Thanks good info. So if you want it to be stock 777 you need 1 LSD (front) 1 stand diff (center with spur gear) and 1 stand. diff (back) Look at ben88 and he will have them listed front center back
front is like 45.00 way better than Tower will ever do!

Last edited:
Thank you guys so much! Ben88 is going to be a huge part in building my mp777. He will get me the 3 differentials for $128 SHIPPED. I am so happy, now I just got to get some $$$$

See he is a great guy! All of us at Rat Raceway used him.

wait u live in CO too, the reason iam getting one is so i can race at rat raceway!!! :cheers:

Well I just moved but I know Rat well and they all know me! I am K-Racer on that board. They have a great track and the people are some of the best I have ever raced with tons of help and good guys! Tell them all Joe says hello when you see them.

128 for diffs sounds high when you consider the price of an entire kit, i say save untill you can buy the kit, or wait for a used one to pop up on ebay. look at it this way, I'm sure ben88 has great deals on parts, but he wouldnt be parting the kits out, if he couldnt get more for them than if he sold it as a complete kit. there is a reason he's doing what he is. he can make more money selling the parts individually. which means if you buy all the parts that way, you will be paying more than if you just bought the kit. :doh:

Chassis $60 on ebay
Diffs 125 from that guy on ebay
Side guards 6.00
Shock tower (rear) 16.00
Shock tower (front) 16.00
Servo Saver 32.00
Engine mount/air cleaner 24.99
Rear Universals 30.00
Front Universals 30.00
Flywheel/Clutch set 60.00
Rear Shock set 45.00
Front Schock set 40.00
Front Knucks/Tirod 16.50
Wing/wheel set 25.00
Front lower arms 10.00
Rear lower arms 10.00
Upper arm set 9.00
Bumpers 4.00
Decal set 6.00
Clear body 20.00
Hub Carrier 14.00

Total 605.50
and this isn't everything you need. You still need the center cvds, fuel tank, break assembly, linkages, servo tray, diff cases, wing mount, and the list goes on.....Its something to think about.

You can get the 777 special for 666.00 buy it now on ebay.

Last edited:
Back