How long is unused gas in the tank good for?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwdragon

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey all

Another newbie question, say I do a run and have to go home, how long is the gas in the tank ( o ring is good) good for? Can I use it a few days later? a week later? When would I have to throw it out?

Thanks

Barry

Most of us woul typically recommend that you run your fueltank dry and not leave anything in it. That said I have gone a couple weeks before and had a rig fire right up.

2-4 days should be fine, i wouldnt make a habit of leavin fuel for long periods of time

When I worked at the oil change place a gentleman dropped off some waste oil in a 5 gallon jug thst was durable and could hold gasoline. So I brought it home so whenever I have to cut a run short for any fuel I just dump it in there. It's out of the way and its always covered so if I knock it over I don't have to worry about it. By leaving fuel inside the tank for any amount of time you risk the chance of the system being gummed up or damaging your engine. If you wanted to you just could undo the fuel lines and use them to seal off the tank so to speak so the engine is not exposed.

you just could undo the fuel lines and use them to seal off the tank so to speak so the engine is not exposed.

That's what I do,but only if it's close to 1/2 a tank or more. Shelf time isn't super long since it is contaminated by the exhaust pressure.