how hard to put 1/10 kits together

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's not that bad. Associated has the most detailed instructions that I've ever seen. actual size pics and step by step instructions

I put that kit together, and it was my first one. Its really not hard, diffs were no problem. Thats a pretty good price too.

Don't worry about how hard it is.
If you want easy, get a RTR. If you want to learn about the RC you are driving so you are better prepared to fix it and to know every detail on how it works, build it. Doesn't mater how long it takes or how many questions you need to ask. there is nothing like the pride of ownership you have once its done.

Nothing in life that is good will be easy.

FastEddy said:
Nothing in life that is good will be easy.

this is soooo true kid...learn it now
get one that has lots of support from your LHS....meaning the model they carry the most of that's in your budget....or save more and get the better model....If you know you like the hobby don't get something to just have one....see what you really like and save your pennies til you can get that one.....aren't you the kid w/ the auto parts job? if so shouldn't take too long to whichever RC you want......you'll save money in the long run doing that.....

i say jump in with both feet and see where you end up if you have any mechanical ability at all (ie) you can turn wrenches, and know how to follow directions you should be fine, and if you do run into a hard spot there are plenty of us to point you in the right direction, good luck with your purchase.

yea h I'm am the one with the job but i have to save 3000 for a paintjob for my truck in august so its still a little tight. and the lhs has a lot of part for hpi and asociated

Yea that is a good price for that kit. Just take your time and look at the directions carefully and you should be fine. I put that kit together also, it is a great kit.

That's my buddy at Rob's R/C Hobbies in Garden Grove. He is really cutting you a great deal.

Anyhow, I built the EXACT same kit. I think the HPI directions are better than the Associated, and way better than the Thunder Tiger. Get it, you won't regret it. The kit is complete except for electronics.

The 2 kits I had a question: HPI & Mugen, I called them up & they new exactly what I was talking about & walked me through until I got the part together correctly. Overall, their instructions where very clear. But with any kit, you will have some question & you can always call them for help no problem.

ok thanks. yeah it is a great deal but i told him i didnt have all the money and he said no prob he'd hold it for me. and i just bought all the radio gear so I'm ready to get started

nitrost said:
ok thanks. yeah it is a great deal but i told him i didnt have all the money and he said no prob he'd hold it for me. and i just bought all the radio gear so I'm ready to get started

Good luck! And like I said, any questions that u have during the buld, call HPI and they will help ya out OR ask here.

Back