How do you put a clutch spring together

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fernando mateus

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
How do you put a clutch spring together it's very hard for me

That's the picture of the spring I tried to use a sewing needle and I have a magnifying loop a little last thing but I can't do it for some reason
what do you mean? can you send a picture of it?

IMG_20230119_165821683.jpg
IMG_20230119_165821683.jpg

I'm trying to send a picture I don't know if you've seen it already

Ok. Cuz I don't know what else to do

How in the hell do I go to see the video I miss you
I tagged Baker in my post. If he gets on the forum, he should see it, and maybe he has a video showing how it's done 🤷‍♂️

How do you put a clutch spring together it's very hard for me

First you hook the ends together, THEN you slide it over the clutch shoes. This is easier if you put the clutch shoes on the flywheel first.

Hook it into the groove on the clutch shoes, then you should be able to just stretch it around the shoes with your thumb.

Make sure the "hooks" are over one of the pins from the flywheel, that go through the hole in the clutch shoes, this will get the springs to last longer before it snaps from the clutch bell rubbing it when the shoes wear down.

That is a old clutch set up!
I dont use them so I am not familure with them ,I use 3 shoe set ups!

Those are much easier!.. 🤔 :hehe:

First you hook the ends together, THEN you slide it over the clutch shoes. This is easier if you put the clutch shoes on the flywheel first.

Hook it into the groove on the clutch shoes, then you should be able to just stretch it around the shoes with your thumb.

Make sure the "hooks" are over one of the pins from the flywheel, that go through the hole in the clutch shoes, this will get the springs to last longer before it snaps from the clutch bell rubbing it when the shoes wear down.
I got it I was afraid to open the eye of the spring but I got it thank you

I got it I was afraid to open the eye of the spring but I got it thank you

Oh nice! Sorry I didn't even realize that was the issue, I should've looked more closely. Most of those springs do come already open at the ends enough to hook to each other.

Oh nice! Sorry I didn't even realize that was the issue, I should've looked more closely. Most of those springs do come already open at the ends enough to hook to each other.
I just saw this thing mine didn't come with a hook open that's why I was ask me that question

Back