How do I fit a LRP Z.21R in a tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huggybear87

RCTalk Racer
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does anyone know how to make the LRP Z.21R engine fit in a tmaxx.
I found it for a good price and stupidly thought it would fit easily

@Huggybear87 I believe you're going to need to find a big block chassis which is going to be pretty hard to find anymore. Best bet would probably be to check eBay as I can't think of anyone right off hand who still makes a BB chassis for the T-Maxx.

After looking on ebay it's going to be cheaper for me to buy an OS .21TM than it is to get a big block chassis.
I'll just look to see if I can find a cheap 1/8th buggy for sale at my local RC club and drop the LRP into that.
Thanks for the reply @WoodiE

After looking on ebay it's going to be cheaper for me to buy an OS .21TM than it is to get a big block chassis.
I'll just look to see if I can find a cheap 1/8th buggy for sale at my local RC club and drop the LRP into that.
Thanks for the reply @WoodiE

Then ofcoarce ,if you have metal skills...you can make your own!...:p

I thought the LRP .21 was a small block motor??

I'm not sure what revolves on a Tmaxx chassy ,there maybe room issue ,but if the issue is
the engine mount ,an chassy engine mount holes ,holes are slotted to adjust the engine.
AE's monster truck engine mount is slotted to move the engine back & forth.

If one would have the room on chassy ,you can drill new holes ,an find the bit for a dremel
to slot them for adjustment.

The main issue is that the chassis is too short to fit the engine in as well as a header. You could maybe move the trans forward, but not sure you can gain enough room.