how can i measure top speed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig911

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi guys i want to find out the actual top speed of my nitro truggy ( tomahawk ST )

here is some pics of my car

i have done some mods to get it as fast as possable short of changing gear ratios as i can't find any spur gears to fit ect

i have changed from a thunder tiger .18 pro to a XTM 24.7 i have also fitted 120mm wheels & yes dual fuel tanks for a average of 10-13min run time

I'm looking for a cheap way of measuring top speed
and to find compatible spur / clutch bell combinations

Sit in the back of your buddys truck while he is driving down the road and run your truggy behind him

transmited from a mobile communications device

by a cheap hotwheels radar gun off ebay
also if u have an android gps speedometer is very accurate only downside is having to attach your phone to thw car but thats how I do it I ziptie a wash cloth around it then attach to car but I've also got a otterbox

Thanks guys i dont have any one that drives that can help but i did find a app for my WP7 that should work,

just a few more questions,

my drive cups or whatever there called ( things that hold the dog bones / drive shafts ) keep coming lose,

the little screw that holds them in place keeps coming lose even with lock tight any one have any ideas or should i just keep checking them after every bashing session ?

it only happens to the one that connects on to the centre rear diff & front left wheel

also i want to stock up on spare parts were could i get some spare front ends its only a matter of time before i break something with a front end collision?

( posted in correct place this time )

I'm using ( Vanchem nutlock - VC301 ) it states on the able it seals nuts bots & screws

get u some red locktite and let it set overnight but if it keeps comimg loose you'll just have to check it and make aure to keep it tight

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

could also try replacing the cup and see if that changes anything

Sit in the back of your buddys truck while he is driving down the road and run your truggy behind him

transmited from a mobile communications device

lmao I've done this!