how can i make T MAXX faster or more torque..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to put it to rest since the thread is getting confusing, if you change the clutch bell to one with less teeth, you will get more low end torque at the expense of top end.
If you change the spur gear to less teeth than stock, you will get a better top end at the expense of low end torque.
Do the math. The opposite applies for more CB teeth or less spur gear teeth.

Just figure the gear ratio.

Ok, Gonna throw this up on the wall to help simplify things.
20 tooth clutch bell
72 tooth spur gear
divide 72 by 20 = 3.6. (bell makes 3.6 turns to 1 turn on the spur gear) hence 3.6:1 ratio.
Now, the higher this number is (3.6 in this case), will give you more low end, less top end. I'm not going to figure final ratio because it get complicated. This can also be changed by tire diameter to raise or lower the "final ratio", but the rule still stands. Hope this helps fellas. Cheers and RC on!:D

Dang Rolex, nice thread. Put some work into that one. To bad I didn't see it first. Woulda made me look better! :)

Darn moe^^^^^ says the darndest things. day dang ole boy funny, shoot. daggum!

start with the exhaust then air filter (more air more power however the more air the more it has to get out thats where the exhaust come into play.
just like your lungs the deeper the breaths you take when you run the better,how ever you have to exhale all that air and fast to get the next fresh air when you inhale again (trying to paint a picture for ya)hope that helps.

to: dub c do you not know what"tip the can " means? its from the old days of aa/fd racing.

it means add more nitromethane. looks like iam giving away my age

well you can do both at the same time........just drop in a tweaked .21 and a 3 speed....and hold on,lol,lol....

man o man steve. i wish i had 3 speed in my jato. nothing else on it is stock.

if your tmaxx isnt doing wheelies it isnt tuned right trust me mine dances through the dirt most of the time... mes with you tuning before you put new parts for speed and then find out when tuned right that it is to torquy.. I know a bunch of people with this same build and no one has complained about not doing wheelies if anything i have heard complaints about keeping the noise down.. Try tuning it first seriousely..

I dont know cause I had someone that put a 54t spur on his classic with a 3.3 on it and he had to go back to the 70 or 72t to keep the nose down alittle more.. more teeth more top end, less teeth more torque.

I run a 20t clutch bell and 72t spur gear on my classic with the 3.3
I had the 58t on my 3.3 I switch to the 54t it was okay so I put my 58t back on . I'm still new and learning. How do yall like the 72t

Their engine is probably worn out by now!..:deadhorse
I heard half 72 half 54 mated to a clutch bell half 18 half 22 will give you best top and bottom.

If you cut it exactly into halves, the 72 18 has the torque rotation, and 54 22 has the speed rotation. 😁🤣

Back