how can i make T MAXX faster or more torque..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

famou5

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey,

I have a two 2.5 T Maxx which i upgrade to the 3.3 engine but i feel it can be faster is there anything else i can do to it ,or what gears do you guys recommend

If you want to have more top end speed upgrade your spur gear--more teeth=more top end. If you want more torque, less teeth=more torque.

Yea JaeJae thanks
I got a 72 steel gear on it rite now ...might go lower want to make it wheelie...LOL how many teeth do you recommend?

If you want to have more top end speed upgrade your spur gear--more teeth=more top end. If you want more torque, less teeth=more torque.

That is incorrect....

Clutch Bell - fewer teeth = more torque, more teeth = more top end
Spur Gear - more teeth = more torque, fewer teeth = more top end

What number teeth you recommend for the clutch bell and spur gear for the most torque I can get ..
That is incorrect....

if your tmaxx isnt doing wheelies it isnt tuned right trust me mine dances through the dirt most of the time... mes with you tuning before you put new parts for speed and then find out when tuned right that it is to torquy.. I know a bunch of people with this same build and no one has complained about not doing wheelies if anything i have heard complaints about keeping the noise down.. Try tuning it first seriousely..

That is incorrect....

I dont know cause I had someone that put a 54t spur on his classic with a 3.3 on it and he had to go back to the 70 or 72t to keep the nose down alittle more.. more teeth more top end, less teeth more torque.

I run a 20t clutch bell and 72t spur gear on my classic with the 3.3

if your tmaxx isnt doing wheelies it isnt tuned right trust me mine dances through the dirt most of the time... mes with you tuning before you put new parts for speed and then find out when tuned right that it is to torquy.. I know a bunch of people with this same build and no one has complained about not doing wheelies if anything i have heard complaints about keeping the noise down.. Try tuning it first seriousely..

I dont know cause I had someone that put a 54t spur on his classic with a 3.3 on it and he had to go back to the 70 or 72t to keep the nose down alittle more.. more teeth more top end, less teeth more torque.

I run a 20t clutch bell and 72t spur gear on my classic with the 3.3

As of rite now I have a 72t spur gear and a 16t clutch bell

INCORRECT!

Again, this is ONLY correct if you are talking about the clutch bell. It is opposite for the spur gear. But hey, I have only been running nitro R/Cs for over 10 years, so what the hell do I know.

Yeah,get that in your head now or you will disappointed!

boys think of it like the gears on your bicycle, with the gears on the pedals being the clutch bell and the gears on the wheel being the spur.

You know what, I give up, the flat out amount of bad advice in this thread blows my mind! Wish I was a teen ager again so I would know everything :\

I am just letting him know what i have done with friends and my rigs how is it bad advice to tell someone what you have been using on your own rig and stuff you have been working on.. Its not like what we say makes someone do something it just gives them ideas....

Like i said earlier I run the 72tspur and the 20tclutchbell and have good luck lots of power and top end aint bad if you have enough room... I am just sayin I go to a bigger spur and it changed the take off and the top end... no point in arguing like I said we give our opinion and we all know how everybodys opinion is.. comeon I give an idea then someone else does and so on... you can't tell someone they are wrong when they are are telling someone what they did and what the outcome was..... I just know what I run and what a few friends run and I know it works out pretty good.... Let me know what you decide to go with I am always curiouse to see all the different setups of the same truck...

I am just sayin I go to a bigger spur and it changed the take off and the top end...

This is impossible, you can NOT improve both top end and bottom end with a gear change. If you went to a bigger spur, yes, it will improve bottom end, but it can not also improve top end, you MUST sacrifice one for the other. I run an 18/72 set up on my maxx, I wanted more torque. Since my maxx came stock with a 20 tooth clutch bell, I had to go down in teeth to gain more bottom end, but in doing so it sacrifices top end. So I will repeat, it is NOT possible to gain top and bottom end from any gear change. Plus, I am stating facts, not arguing, if you do not like the fact you posted incorrect information and took it as arguing, sorry. I just hate seeing someone new trying to learn getting wrong info, and I will correct it any time I see it.

i never said I gained both i said it changed the both you get upset about stuff to quick it seems like you just wanna argue about it.... I obviously lost alittle bottom to get top witch is what i was saying from the beginning if you only change one at a time.. you could of changed the spur instead if you wanted to aswell..... this isnt about arguing its about helping other people with their question like "how do I make it faster" wow take a chill pill and read alittle slower at times and it might help no disrespect but no sense arguing a fact that hasnt been said.

and back to the point faster do you mean on take off or top end?????

Dude, I aint gonna argue with you, I already qouted where you disputed me in your first post stating a spur gear with more teeth equals more top end, which is WRONG. Maybe you should take a little more time to proof read, or get your facts straight before you post. And obviously changing either the spur, or clutch bell is going to change both top end and bottom end, it all just depends on which gear, and more or less teeth.

Rememeber thisQuote:
Originally Posted by mtaylortank
I am just sayin I go to a bigger spur and it changed the take off and the top end...

This is impossible, you can NOT improve both top end and bottom end with a gear change. If you went to a bigger spur, yes, it will improve bottom end, but it can not also improve top end, you MUST sacrifice one for the other. I run an 18/72 set up on my maxx, I wanted more torque. Since my maxx came stock with a 20 tooth clutch bell, I had to go down in teeth to gain more bottom end, but in doing so it sacrifices top end. So I will repeat, it is NOT possible to gain top and bottom end from any gear change. Plus, I am stating facts, not arguing, if you do not like the fact you posted incorrect information and took it as arguing, sorry. I just hate seeing someone new trying to learn getting wrong info, and I will correct it any time I see it.

I said it changed both and you go on about something that wasn't said......

Remember posting this? This was all I disputed until you felt I pissed in your cheerios by disputing not only your mis-information, but others that posted here too. So quit taking it so personal. I just don't want to see the guy spend money hoping to accomplish one thing but getting the opposite because of wrong info.

If there's one thing we are quick to point out, it's wrong information. It doesn't matter if the poster made a mistake, miss-worded the post or was just plain wrong.
Most of the long term members here have learned the hard way, through trial and error before they found this forum, so they make sure to give out only accurate and easy to understand information.
We don't want anyone going to the track, having a problem, and then saying, "I read it on RCNT."

i didnt dispute that i got the thing backwards if you read my last thing was what i had wrote and then he took it the wrong way and went on thats all i was saying i am the first to rather have good info went through to much money and know how it feels to be bummin cause not knowing... I posted what i was running and said what i heard someone changed to and whats he said it did.and never disputed the whole thing thats why i said to read what i wrote before.