How anyone here used this radio? Spektrum DX3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akmadmaxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Has anyone here used this radio? Spektrum DX3

I am looking at getting this radio for my REVO but was wonder what people though about it first. Thanks for your input!
SPM2030F-450.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a good deal, but it resembles a JR XR3 too much for my tastes.

It's basically an older JR radio. Do you race? If so it's missing some features that racer's normally like to have. Biggest one being EPA. Overall it's a decent radio and no more interference from someone on the same channel!

I agree with jet, and from what I have heard from other people that own one, The third channel is a pain and placed where you can barely get too, and its a momentary on/off meaning you have to hold it in place to work, like reverse. It also isn't set up to accept a battery pack, so soldering would be nessecery. Trigger throw can not be adjusted. I think the big seller is that you would be on your own different frequency. But for the price, its a great deal with 2 recivers.

I have one and use it with my hyper 8, the thing works great for me, the failsafe system works flawless, as far as the battery pack issue you can use single cell batteries instead of a batt pack and just charge it, I use sanyo cells and just hook up the charger to the radio, works the same for me.

later.....

Dont race.... Not enough people up here interested in it.