how a traxxas pull start works?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spyke_696

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm wanting rid of my ez start and I'm wondering how 3 things work with a pull start ...... 1 how will the glow plug get spark ....2 does it work with the ez start oneway berring and plate ....and 3 is it a good way to go?

1 you use a glow igniter for the plug, 2 yes it does, 3 I have a tmaxx I have pull start alittle easier to maintaine aslong as you keap a good tune!!!

How much is a glow ignitor

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

And on that note how does it stay sparking it looks like they don't stay attached

once the engine is started the ignitor isnt needed anymore. As soon as you remove the wand from your ez start, the glow plug isnt getting any juice. It isnt a spark plug, but more like a diesel engine.

the ignitor can be picked up for around $20-$25. you take the entire EZ start assembly off, and reuse the one way bearing and put the pull start assembly on.

That part I do understand and I've never worked on deisal lol but ill figure out the concept of how the glow plug stays lit to keep the car fired up

its doesn't stay "lit" the fuel has a very low flash point, just like diesel. the combination of heat (the reason the engine has to be up to about 250deg to run right) and compression, makes the fuel ignite on its own as the piston compresses it, just like a diesel engine.

the glow plug coil gets hot from the flash of fire from ignition. it holds the heat and "glows" long enough for the next compression stroke, and helps ignite the fuel again.

its a never ending cycle. as long as the engine has fuel and air. it will run forever, or until it wears out.

when you put the ignitor, or wand on the plug. it glows from the electrical current. once the engine is running, the current is no longer needed to keep the coil glowing. it glows from the combustion of the fuel.

That makes sence ty 4 clearing that up 4 me

Back