Hot Bodies Front Center Driveshaft

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wvaughn7

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I am having a problem finding a front center shaft for the new buggy I picked up. It is a Hot Bodies Lightning 2 Pro and it calls for part HBC8060 which is now updated to HPI101127. The only problem is that the part is backordered everywhere I have found. Another thing is that I do not actually need the shaft, just the collar that attaches to the bevel gear for the front diff. Is this the only way to get that collar or am I missing something?

Thanks for the help. but I actually just got it all sorted out. I was rebuilding the diffs and replacing all the bearings in the car and the grub screw stripped out, so I had to drill the screw out. The problem after this is that since it is hardened I could not retap the hole, but my dad took it to his work where they had carbide taps and everything is good as new again. I have new servos, bearings, and a screw kit coming later this week and hopefully I can get this bad boy running by weeks end. This is my first ever buggy and can't wait to see what shes got.

Very nice. I think I have a full Lightning Roller Pro in my RC Room somewhere...I took it in trade awhile back ;-)

It seems to be a well built buggy for its age and this one has been taken care of nicely. It will be running pretty much stock aside from tires and engine which is an OFNA Force 26. I haven't even had a chance to start this engine let alone run it so I don't really know what to expect. Is this a decent starter engine or does it lack in performance. I noticed that it was pretty cheap so I am kinda concerned.

The Force 26 is just a so so engine. For being such a large displacement engine, it lacks some power for sure. It's a great starter engine, but not much more really. Use it...abuse it.....replace it ;-)

Ok that is what I was expecting out of the engine and figured I would use it for a gallon or two or until it breaks then switch it out for probably an OFNA .21 8 port. I have read good things about that engine and it has a pretty good price also. I am used to my Megatech M16 in my T-Maxx right now which has a whopping .9-1.0 HP or so, so this engine has to improve over that.

Back