Hot Bodies .26 LSP Motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIRMAXXALOT

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I hear these are not the best motor in the world but I have no money left to buy a high end motor, I will be running 30% White Lightning other than that I am kinda up in the air of what to do to it to make it run with the fast guy's. This is my first big block r/c, I have been running 2.5's mostly and know nothing about this new motor so an help would be great, is there any simple trick's I can do without sending it out, low-budget self done trick's??
Do any of or have any of you guy's been racing or running these? Will they run a 150ft straight strong? I heard they have the low end for the tights but I have not even fired mine yet so any help will help...

i had one go out after a gallon and i have one now i havent messed with.
i had a jp-1 pipe on it and it still had garbage for bottom end ..garbage for mid .. and nothing for top...
my best advice is to sell it and buy something else.. sorry...

but I'm gunna guess and say you got the LSP and thats the best thing you could of ever done ... great job if you did.. !!!!

I wish I had the cash to but I have to run what it has for now, maybe mid summer I will be able to get a hot motor for it, I acually think I am going to have better luck to start with(power wise) since the only thing I have raced in dirt is a 2.5 Maxx. I just hope the motor holds up, sorry to hear you blew one up so soon, hopefully I have better luck..

Just caught your vid in the other thread, what motor was that, your new one??and yes I bought the LSP and it should be here today...it just makes me giddy thinkin about it...I just wish I could afford a decent motor to go with it..
I got the truck off of EBAY(after ordering one and waiting-I have no patience) brand new never run but the guy switched the sevo's added diff oil 7,10,5 and put 40wt on all four corners...and put the wing on it and a hump pack..also a custom painted body and I think it will be nice as the guy is an auto body guy...all of it for around $533 shipped...it's just weird the guy never even ran it??? said he didn't have time for it..the reason for selling??? I just hope it's not too good too be true--lol wouldn't be my first time being disapointed from EBAY.
Is this a good set-up?

If you plan on running that stocker for a while I would port it. Thats what I did and its pretty good now. Not great by anymeans, but for where I race it does the trick.

Yea you could port it. Or you can sell it along with the jump for whatever you can get and get a SH .28 for 140$. You may be able to get fairly close to that if you sell the .26 w/jump start back plate and starter.

AC is probly most correct....sell and buy the sh.28...but then u got some down time. Also, diff fluid in a truggy should be different than the buggy....I run 50K up front and 7 in the rear...and got a locked center diff....otherwise I'd run 70 or 100k there....

Anyways...if your stuck w/ the 26....make sure your throttle servo opens the carb all the way (sounds stupid but worth checking) ... try to find a good (cheap) pipe....maybe a used ofna 053 (mid) maybe find one on the boards. Also, a waller power adapter is supposed to help bottom end....but a longer header would do the same if u have any around. ...last...run a cold plug w/ the 30%.

Hope it HELPs!

I run 5k front 30k center and 3k rear and have no problems with balooning or anything like that. What do you run xdamxincx?

sirmixxalot- the motor in that race was a RB .21 WS7II ...which is 4 times the motor the .26 was.

vbgagnon- that race i was running 7 front 15k center 5k rear....
I'm still experiencing with set ups.. my rear gets a lil bouncy ,, and i am not happy with the clutch set up .. prolly gunna go to a werks clutch soon... how many gallons do you have on your modded HB 26 motor ???

I only have about 3/4-1 on it now. Its still running strong. I have heard that the conrod is the major weak point in the mill. I'll just have to wait and see how much I can get out of it.

LOL...rich had his blow through the case.....I think he got the pic I took of it.....that sucked.....

Man all this is great info guy's do you have any link's to the part's? as I was typing this the UPS man showed up......IT'S HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you have a starter box sell the new mill and starter and get something a little more reliable for use w/ bump start.....

It sucks, no starter box, no money, no new motor---- but got two tanks through it allready...

Wow, you don't waste time lol. Good luck with it, I suggest you get it ported, a cheaper way of adding more power.

I plan on it, I work heavy construction and am laid off right now until total thaw out., so when I get back to work I will either ship it out or buy a new mill

dont waste money on porting it .if your doing it yourself go for it .. but do not blow money on that engine.... buy a new mill....if u dont race much i suggest a mach 26 if you want a great engine for great price ..
you also need to to do some simple mods to the lsp to keep it reliable... all of it can be found over at my home site hotbodiesforum.com...

He has a point, once you get the money you may as well put it into a new mill, I say SH .28, or the Wasp .28.

The sirio .27 and the collari .30 are also good choices.

I got some vids of my LSP today hopefully I can do a hack edit job and post it tonight.

Back