Hot Bod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
This just popped up in the random gallery.
Badass body for the Baja boys.

mounted_stock_1_sm.jpg

I'm not positive but I think Rhino or OFF makes that and it's around 300 or 350. It sounds steep when you're used to buying nitro stuff. I thought it was outrageous, but now that I've been buying large scale parts for a few weeks it doesn't seem all that bad.

well the painted HPI lids like the ones that cone on the RTR, only in different colors are about 70 bucks. The clear lids are same as a car, 27 or 30 bucks, pro-line desert rat. The Custom painted lids are going for a pretty penny because the Baja demand is so rediculous right now. The guys building the Ram-Tech bodies have put out some estimates that the truck bodies like their carbon fiber ones, only in Lexan, are going to cost around 150. They are soooooo fine, I'm wanting one in Carbon Fiber for show because if I spent that much on a body I couldn't beat it to hell the way I do the rest of the baja.

Yea but if it's anything like the CF that they use on car hoods and stuff like that. It will hold up to a beating. I've seen a car that got RUN OVER by a armored truck and destoryed the front end but he got the hood to pop open and the cf hood that he had on it poped right back into shape. NO cracks or chips. just a few scuff's.

I gotta agree with Rolex, that or a expensive snake skin boot. Does look bitchin tho............

I think I can paint a clear lexan body with that pattern for much less $$$ than they want for the real thing. Just gotta break out my airbrush again...

Yea but if it's anything like the CF that they use on car hoods and stuff like that. It will hold up to a beating. I've seen a car that got RUN OVER by a armored truck and destoryed the front end but he got the hood to pop open and the cf hood that he had on it poped right back into shape. NO cracks or chips. just a few scuff's.

They will hold up to quite a beating. Carbon fiber is VERY strong and these things are hand laid the right way so they helod up really good. It's just that I wouldn't want to spend 400 on any kind of body and knowingly put it through a baja bash. The baja bash is MUCH more harsh than the nitro bash, because for one thing you've got 30 pounds hitting the groud instead of 12 so even a small cartwheel hits hard, and I've had mine flip end over end nine times and never look back. It was my first bad wreck, and being used to nitros I figured that I had all but destroyed the car and I ran over to it and hit the kill switch to check things out. I couldn't believe it when I couldn't find anything broken. I pulled the starter and it cranked on the first pull. These things will run for hours upside down, too, it's nuts.

When XRC mag tested the new SS they used a Ful CF body set up. Just seems too much just to destroy it. CF is not that durable but stronger than lexan for sure.

Hey guys i am new to the site and hobbie. I have a question. Whats so good about a carbon fibre body? just wondering

Hey guys i am new to the site and hobbie. I have a question. Whats so good about a carbon fibre body? just wondering

I would say it is mostly that it looks bad a$$ and it is stronger than lexan. Alot more $ though.

It is a fairly strong, very lightweight material, and that is the reason that it's used so much in racing. It is the only material that is practical for raing applications that is strong enough to hold up well when put to the test, yet it is usually a lot lighter than the plasic or aluminum that it replaces in chassis parts, suspension, etc...

sure wish that guy had a buy it now price...I hate the whole ebay deal....

I always take advantage of the buy it now option, because I don't like to be patient and wait a week for the auction to end just to save 2 dollars and 40 cents. I'd much rather just pay for the thing and get it on the way.

Here's a good link where you can see what the body looks like for a baja 5b. If you will scroll down until you come to the picture of the baja with the body mounted, you can see some of the parts that I bought. I have those exact rear tires. If you look at the front shock setup, you will notice that there is an orange anodized Turtle shock brace connecting the two shocks, and a polished aluminum shock tower that they are attached too. I have that exact setup for my 5b, same brands, colors, etc... In the rear, you will see another anodized orange shock brace, I have it as well. I will post my parts in a thread in a lil while so you guys can watch the aftermarket build up like you did the stock buildup, but this one will be much slower because the parts are so expensive. For all of you that think the Traxxas resonator is expensive, try 300 for an exhaust system for the 5b. It's worth it though, at least these parts are big and feel like parts from a real buggy rather than a small scale.

http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22479

Back