Horizon Summer of Fun Winner - Yay!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude Thats a NO Brainer!!!!! When will you really use the boat. With all electric and controller. Nothing is wrong with it. The boats only 5. So I mean you really use the boat?
Did you look up his parts list he said??

Take the Kraton, you will enjoy it now, the boat will just be a storage issue that most likely will get damaged before it gets used. Also boats in general can get very expensive very fast, if your not passionate about it, let it go to someone who will enjoy it.

If it were me I would keep the boat but it's not my decision. Your situation knowing you probably won't run the boat much then I would trade.

If it were me I would keep the boat but it's not my decision. Your situation knowing you probably won't run the boat much then I would trade.
To be honest, I would love to keep the boat for when my son gets older. But I look at it this way, if he wants one then I can just get him one. So I guess I am going to go ahead and do it.

Dude Thats a NO Brainer!!!!! When will you really use the boat. With all electric and controller. Nothing is wrong with it. The boats only 5. So I mean you really use the boat?
Did you look up his parts list he said??
Yeah, it has a ridiculous amount of money wrapped up in upgrades. He just put a brand new Savox servo in it too that cost $90. I told him I would take the trade. The Kraton looks to be in decent shape. I would probably want to tear it down just to replace the screws and freshen things up.

Does anyone know what is different from this Kraton vs the EXB model? I think I would want to grab a new shell for it and do a really wild custom paint job on it. Looks like it could be a fun project truck.

Does anyone know what is different from this Kraton vs the EXB model? I think I would want to grab a new shell for it and do a really wild custom paint job on it. Looks like it could be a fun project truck.
Good choice bud!! your son will love it.It's about the Same size as he is.. Nothing that you can't upgrade with. On that one. They used stronger aluminum and one mm thicker. and beefier a arms.. but have heard the diffs are still a problem with the swimming from factory. But the Same electronics.shocks tiers. Body
I will get a kra8 one day...Either one will due.. holidays and the cold weather brings in lots of OT at work. So probably end or beginning of yr..👍👍👍

Last edited:
Good choice bud!! your son will love it.It's about the Same size as he is.. Nothing that you can't upgrade with. On that one. They used stronger aluminum and one mm thicker. and beefier a arms.. but have heard the diffs are still a problem with the swimming from factory. But the Same electronics.shocks tiers. Body
I will get a kra8 one day...Either one will due.. holidays and the cold weather brings in lots of OT at work. So probably end or beginning of yr..👍👍👍
Well, the guy is driving in from Illinois tomorrow to meet me to swap the Kraton for the boat. I know my son is going to love having another truck, especially one too big for him to carry outside 🤪

I think the first thing I am going to do is go through all the screws and make sure they all get a drop of WD40 on them to soak for a couple days before tearing things down and lubing everything up.

If anyone here has a 6S Kraton, what diff fluid and shock oil do you run in it?

Well, the guy is driving in from Illinois tomorrow to meet me to swap the Kraton for the boat. I know my son is going to love having another truck, especially one too big for him to carry outside 🤪

I think the first thing I am going to do is go through all the screws and make sure they all get a drop of WD40 on them to soak for a couple days before tearing things down and lubing everything up.

If anyone here has a 6S Kraton, what diff fluid and shock oil do you run in it?
That's awesome bud congrats!!!.. the boy definitely might have a problem carrying it.. I would ask wolf what he has in the kra8. Oh and it has T-bone racing bumpers they are super nice and strong.. you will be happy. Hope all goes well for you bud..👍👍👍

That's awesome bud congrats!!!.. the boy definitely might have a problem carrying it.. I would ask wolf what he has in the kra8. Oh and it has T-bone racing bumpers they are super nice and strong.. you will be happy. Hope all goes well for you bud..👍👍👍
I recently showed my son that he doesn't need to carry the RC out the front door. Just open the door and send it lol. The door sill gets em catching a bit of air. But yeah, he is gonna love it. He loves monster trucks!

I recently showed my son that he doesn't need to carry the RC out the front door. Just open the door and send it lol. The door sill gets em catching a bit of air. But yeah, he is gonna love it. He loves monster trucks!
That's awesome little buddy nice driven I got one for you or mabey 2 😉 oh he's going to flip when it comes😜🤪🤣🤣

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/uCZ8QSqbKCCk

Back