~hopups~ ~hopups~

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-MAXX WINNING

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
sup everyone i have a t-maxx and i love it and want to spend some money on it that i got from my birthday i have 100$ is there anything i should get particulary cause i dont know what i should get any suggestions

First and foremost, I would get a failsafe. Its cheap insurance from big time damage due to a runaway.

Then I would just follow WoodiE's list.

Rob

If it's a stock Maxx, I would suggest the BigBore shocks as a nice hopup. You'll have cash left over too...

Probably the best price on the net...

Stormer Hobbies

My first hop-ups on my new Maxx were RPM A-arms, bulkhead braces, and skidplates. I also bought a hi-torque servo for the steering and a Ni-MH receiver pack. A bit more than $100 but I haven't broken anything since I upgraded. On stock parts I broke 1 front bulkhead a chassis brace and an A-arm. But that was thanks to one of my non-driving friends that ran into me with a nitro Stampede. The poor 'pede was a bit worse off than my truck though. :hammer:

thanks for all the response's eveyone I'm kinda interested in the big bore shocks but would i need them i think the stock shocks are great on it already what kind of difference would it make and waht is a fail safe cuz i have no idea should i get some road tires and some nice rims for my truck is that just a waste of money or what and on the things that everybody put could you put some prices right next to the hopup that would help me alot more.

Stock shocks are fine if you intend to keep your Maxx on the ground for most of its life. If you intend to put any air major under there, then you can expect to blow a shock or two on landing.

If you want to do some pricing I suggest you visit any number of online hobby shops. Tower Hobbies is a great one to start with. They have a great selection and can at least ball-park the cost. Click below:
www.towerhobbies.com

For a first hop-up, i would suggest RPM arms and skid protectors. These have saved me more money than they cost.

If you have $30 left over, buy a set of integy's front aluminum bulkheads.

I would tend to say keep the cash until you break something and use the cash to replace whatever you broke. I mean I blew my first shock the second day I had mine. I would tend to think you should maybe have a goal in mind when upgrading your t-maxx. What do you want your t-maxx to be like when you're finished upgrading? Some people will buy parts for the sake of buying something for their trucks and end up replacing their already upgraded part shortly thereafter, thus wasting their money on a useless part that now sits in their parts bin. It's their money and they can do with it what they wish but it still seems like it's a waste of money in my book.

Originally posted by El Pirata
I would tend to say keep the cash until you break something and use the cash to replace whatever you broke.

This is exactly what I am doing with mine, once something breaks I will replace it with something better (RPM) I don't see any reasont to upgrade this right off the bat as I do not think it help in performance at all.

What I bought for my new maxx is a failsafe, temp gun and fuel filter. Those seem to be the most important things and you can probably get all three for under $70 bucks.

Yeah, keep your $$$ and upgrade as thing break. Once you start buying hop-up parts you will soon be shelling out more than you planned on. Buying hop-ups is addicting, you keep wanting more & more & more......

They should open up an HA (hop-up anonymous) group for us.

Later.....

Last edited:
yea el pirata and okihost and digital liquid you are right neverthought of that my mind was just on making the truck better why i had the money but yea I'm goin ot keep my money andreplace stuff

Just at least make a goal for upgrading, what you want your truck to look like this time next year and figure out how you want to get it there. Breaking stock parts a few at a time will give you direction to that goal.

I just listed stuff I broke first. More to have on hand, because the inevidable breaking of front bulkheads and arms is just around the corner I'm sure.

But, if you don't mind being laid up for a few days until your parts come in, hold on to that $.

Wait til your first real crash where you see your pride and joy literally disintigrate before your eyes. Pretty impressive and sad at the same time.

I was set on fire twice in my life since I was 15, spent many months in the hospital each time. I cried then, and I cried a little when I hit that tree.

So many hours and only 1 tree to end it for a week...:depress:

When I was 14, I was an idiot. You know, kids with gas and leaves... bad day. Burned my legs and hands real bad, 1 month in the hospital and 2 months out-patient.

Second time, i was 16 and my chemistry teacher did it. A hot-air balloon experiment gone awry. We had a trough in the dirt outside with a steel can over it. He dumped raw alchohol on the trough and lit it up. All was well until the fire went out. Or he thought it went out. He was dumping it from a gallon jug. Since he thought the fire was out, he dumped more in the trough, i was standing about 5 feet directly in front of him. The fire wasn't out, it went into the bottle and blew lit alchohol out all over my legs and filled one of my shoes. That was another bad day. 2 months hospital, 1 month out-patient.

Now I'm 27 and playing with nitro-methane... aparently still not to bright.

Back