Hong Nor X1 Cr

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NORRYS

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Well I have a hong nor x1 cr but the problem is the engine.
I have no idea what the brand is and Would like to have more information
The only thing the engine says is "NF"
Does anyone know any NF brand of nitro car engines?

Last edited:
Hong nor is affiliated with Ofna & Hoboa brands ,the Force engines was nothing more
than a cheap RTR engine ,their better performance engine was the Hyper 3 & 8 port
engines ,you should do the Hoboa Hyper 21 engine for $ 155.00 for a buggy ,it is
awesome power for the buggy an is all you need for a buggy!.. :thumbs-up:

Force engines have FC on the side of them.

Hong Nor, Jammin', HoBoa, and OFNA are all seperate companies but Jammin products were manufactured by Hong Nor. Hong Nor or HoBoa (can't remember which one) manufactured the Ultra LX line for OFNA. OFNA was the U.S. distributor for Hong Nor, HoBoa, and Jammin' as well as their own Ultra LX line. All thats changed now though. OFNA and Jammin' were bought out by Hong Nor but Hong Nor also sold their company but the company still exists just belongs to a different owner now. Since OFNA is defunct Hong Nor started Hong Nor Racing USA to distribute their kits in the U.S. Jammin' still exists under Hong Nor but they have their own website now I believe. This is my understanding of it anyway.

Force engines have FC on the side of them.

Hong Nor, Jammin', HoBoa, and OFNA are all seperate companies but Jammin products were manufactured by Hong Nor. Hong Nor or HoBoa (can't remember which one) manufactured the Ultra LX line for OFNA. OFNA was the U.S. distributor for Hong Nor, HoBoa, and Jammin' as well as their own Ultra LX line. All thats changed now though. OFNA and Jammin' were bought out by Hong Nor but Hong Nor also sold their company but the company still exists just belongs to a different owner now. Since OFNA is defunct Hong Nor started Hong Nor Racing USA to distribute their kits in the U.S.

They may have been seperate companies ,but they are all Taiwan an share the same
formats of their platforms an in some case parts may interchange with each other!

They may have been seperate companies ,but they are all Taiwan an share the same
formats of their platforms an in some case parts may interchange with each other!
It just blows my mind how much you know about nitro.

Jammin' and OFNA were both US companies before they were bought out. Hong Nor and HoBoa I think just copy each others designs and since OFNA Ultra LX line and Jammin products were being manufactured by Hong Nor I think thats why there is so much over lap in some of those kits. Jammin claims that their stuff is made in the USA now apparently though. Not sure why if Hong Nor bought them out. Maybe Jammin' wasn't bought, maybe they split from Hong Nor? not sure
DSC_1252LRG.jpg

A lot of us do here on the forum ,I dont know everything an I appreciate everyone here that does ,
as I learn from them as well!.. :thumbs-up: ..:cool:
Thats the beauty of the forums. We all have our strengths and weaknesses and together we are stronger :)

Jammin' and OFNA were both US companies before they were bought out. Hong Nor and HoBoa I think just copy each others designs and since OFNA Ultra LX line and Jammin products were being manufactured by Hong Nor I think thats why there is so much over lap in some of those kits. Jammin claims that their stuff is made in the USA now apparently though. Not sure why if Hong Nor bought them out. Maybe Jammin' wasn't bought, maybe they split from Hong Nor? not sure
View attachment 131810
Some of them are under rated an dont get the recognition like they should ,lot of those brands are big in
the other countries an try to compete with other name brands in the racing game.

That is an A- spec racing platform ,it has the factory carbon fiber arm stiffeners to control arm flex ,that
design is used in many brand racing platforms such as TLR ,Techno an Associated!..:thumbs-up:

Totally agree that there were a lot of underrated kits from all of those companies. Especially for the prices they sold for. Even a lot of their basher kits were good no matter which of those 4 companies you look at.

Welcome to the mad house of the RC addicted.. As you can tell... your answer should be by shortly LOL..
Can you post a picture of the engine in ??
Not sure when they bought out or split from any one Hong nor says been in the rc hobby from the 1990
Nothing about buying or splitting...

"Hong Nor Hobbies International Co., Ltd." http://www.hongnor-racing.com/about.asp?tp=about
So the ofna is the USA distributor and the jamara. Is the European distributor still working on the engine specs

"Hong Nor X1X-CR Sport • (Radio Controlled Model Archive) • RCScrapyard." https://www.rcscrapyard.net/hong-nor-x1x-cr.htm
Totally agree that there were a lot of underrated kits from all of those companies. Especially for the prices they sold for. Even a lot of their basher kits were good no matter which of those 4 companies you look at.
Baker and you need the the rccrapyard download..
And sorry I looked at the wrong hong nor I had the X1X CR .. here's the info on the
HONH NOR X1 CR.

"Hong Nor X1-CR Competition • (Radio Controlled Model Archive) • RCScrapyard." https://www.rcscrapyard.net/hong-nor-x1cr.htm
Both of you are correct .. so many RC designers and manufacturers it's truly insane..
This post has made its way on to Google search."Rctalk Hong Nor x1" that's good stuff 👍👍👍

Last edited:
Ok bud so there is 4 models of your "hong nor X1 CR" do you know which one you
Spot
Pro
CRT RTR
CR Competition
Here's the break down of the force .21 nitro

"OFNA Racing Force .21 P4, Black T8 User Manual | 3 pages" https://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/650180/ofna-racing-force-21-p4-black-t8.html

Attachments

• IMG20210831234541.jpg
    IMG20210831234541.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 40
Hong nem é afiliado às marcas Ofna & Hoboa, os motores Force eram nada mais
do que um motor RTR barato, seu motor de melhor desempenho era a porta Hyper 3 e 8
motores, você deve fazer o motor Hoboa Hyper 21 por $ 155,00 por um buggy, é
poder para o buggy e incrível é tudo que você precisa para um buggy! ..: afirmativo:
The engine I have is this does anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• IMG20210831234640.jpg
    IMG20210831234640.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 75

Probably just a simple Force 21 engine ,as in time over the years the engines will
change in looks an style ,an carbs will change for better performance ,however ,
the Hyper versions were the better performance engine than the Force version!..:thumbs-up:

They were made by the same company ,but the two engines are different ,the Force engine had
the spring & pin in the crankshaft for the starter ,an the Hyper engine had a turbo fan o-way
bearing in it to circulate the fuel internally!.. :cool:

Probably just a simple Force 21 engine ,as in time over the years the engines will
change in looks an style ,an carbs will change for better performance ,however ,
the Hyper versions were the better performance engine than the Force version!..:thumbs-up:
Oh yeah I get that.. but I've been threw alot of nitros sine NORRIS asked about his.. the force nitros have force on the head..Can't find any nitro with NF on it. There's got to be other makings on it somewhere?
So here something you can do.. download Google lens.. it allows you to take pictures. Of what you want to find. But you got to take good pictures.. like your rc got to take it from top like you did. And the motor from side make sure the letters are clear to see in pic. What it does is searches the web for that same picture.. then gives you a bunch of options...👍👍👍

Oh yeah I get that.. but I've been threw alot of nitros sine NORRIS asked about his.. the force nitros have force on the head..Can't find any nitro with NF on it. There's got to be other makings on it somewhere?

Yea ,first time that I seen them too!.. :thumbs-up:
I think that I still have my old force engine out in the shed ,have to dig it out ,
that maybe an early version or simply from another factory ,newer versions started
glueing the labels on the side of the blocks too!