home made funny car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes mate just like the real thing not alot of parts in a turbine

Is that a Jetcat? What's the thrust on it at top RPM? It's a beautiful piece of work and I can't wait to see more vids of it in action.

Just curious but aren't there heat issues with a wood engine mount? Just wondering if you were going to go with aluminum or something in the future. Plus I'd think the weight would be a factor but with that behemoth on the back you may need that weight :)

For kicks I looked at some Jetcat prices and immediately decided that maybe electric ducted fans would be more my speed (and budget heh) if I ever decided to try something as ambitious as your dragster.

For kicks I looked at some Jetcat prices and immediately decided that maybe electric ducted fans would be more my speed (and budget heh) if I ever decided to try something as ambitious as your dragster.

Out of curiosity I looked into them as well. *whistle* I'll have to stick to my little O.S. 4-stroke for someyhing different. :)

Is that a Jetcat? What's the thrust on it at top RPM? It's a beautiful piece of work and I can't wait to see more vids of it in action.

Just curious but aren't there heat issues with a wood engine mount? Just wondering if you were going to go with aluminum or something in the future. Plus I'd think the weight would be a factor but with that behemoth on the back you may need that weight :)

If it's like the one's I've seen, it'll produce around 20lb of thrust. I wonder if you can get an afterburner for it? :D

Cool, can't tell alot from that view on the turbine, but the compressor looks like it's straight out of Garret T-3 series turbocharger.
when i get the book about it back with the engine ill be able to tell you what the compresser is off thanks mate

That is sooo cool. I'm always blown away by small engines of any type. Just awesome.
its small nice and got a big punch lol hi lessen hope you get your car ready soon

hi mate is a wren mw54 14 pounds thrust 160,000 rpm 40,000 rpm idile i might be changing the wood for aluminium but as you said i need the waight so it dont fly thanks

If it's like the one's I've seen, it'll produce around 20lb of thrust. I wonder if you can get an afterburner for it? :D
yes you can build an after burner for it

well isn't a afterburner just an igniter for the exhaust? so all you really would need is some kind of igniter.

yes it is and the biggest problem is that the fuel will go down quicker

I've made a blog and started updating how i built the car and so on hope you like it http://kenazzo2000.blogspot.com/ if you visit my blog please leave your comments on the car thankyou

i received my radar gun now i only need to get the turbine back so that i can start the fast testing >:D

30012009.jpg

today sara from wren turbines sent my things for the engine i should be receiving them soon and then i hope we get the car running up again pretty soon

Fb87607.jpg

where do you find a front end like that me and my dad raced a long time ago and all the shops we bought from are no longer around i have a pro stock elec car with no front end look good nice fab work

hi mate glad you like it what is a front end please ? because i dont know what your refering for . tell me and ill answer your question and help you as much as i can thankyou

I think he was refering to what you might be using for a front axle on the chassis? Looks great, can't wait to see the times you pull down!

oh part of them are from a road car and part of them are from new era drag cars thanks mate for helping out i hope i get the car running up soon to do some fast runs parts should be here soon

today i received the turbine parts now ill give them to my friend and hope he will get it running soon
09022009.jpg

thanks mate

Back