Home and gardening forum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are interested in gardening, join it, if not, then dont. Its for people interested in sharing gardening/yard ideas.

Perfect timing for me, as i just got my first real lawn, and have a BIG back yard with a pond that imma have to do something with.

Just signed up. Its good to have something different to work on. I plant a veggie garden every year and never really know what I'm doin. Now I can have others to bounce ideas off of

sounds to much like work. i avoided work am whole life, iam not about to start now.

What's up with the home and gardening forum is that a joke, or did someone know about the pumpkin plants I planted.

Martin, it's just a new forum I've opened up as of 2-3 days ago. I'll leave the forum/link up for a few weeks then remove it. Just making it visible to the RCNT crowd for those of us that are doing or wanting to start doing gardening "stuff". ;)

I have to disagree with you, Moe.
Work fascinates me. I can sit and watch people work for hours.

Haha, nice. :hehe:

Martin, it's just a new forum I've opened up as of 2-3 days ago. I'll leave the forum/link up for a few weeks then remove it. Just making it visible to the RCNT crowd for those of us that are doing or wanting to start doing gardening "stuff". ;)

Haha, nice. :hehe:

Cool stuff! The wife is interested in flower side of gardening, me I'm trying to grow gigantic pumpkins. I'll give it a look.

Good luck with the new forum!

I like a lot of other people, hate work, but I will stand around while work is being done by others...doesn't even matter if its people I don't know, or a job I'm not hired for...lol

Why gigantic pumpkins? Just for the heck of it?

I bought 2 bigger pumpkins last fall, the wife wanted to let them rot in the garden because she thought it would be good for the garden. Spring came and there was pumpkins growing in the front garden so I transferred them to the back garden, now there's plans for a new big vegetable garden in the backyard next spring (yay more digging for me). I never looked into what pumpkins need to grow, but I seem to have gotten everything right except I didn't know they needed so much space. So I guess the answer to your question; yeah just for the heck of it, as well to see how this goes. If I can save money on vegetables hey why not more money in my pocket and my savage has been asking for some new shoes and extended tcs tvp's.

I read some of that forum interesting stuff, I've been re growing my green onions for the last couple of years, didn't know you could do it with garlic and I love garlic so I'm going to try that now.

Last edited:
I left garlic in this small wood box by my kitchen window and before I knew it there was green stocks growing out of the small opening

Herbology ~ medicinal purposes

Green Gardener

My goal was to be an Ethnobotanist with a minor in horticulture and a major hydroponics degree. Johnny Appleseed ... Modern Cider!

Two green thumbs...Straight up!! Smile

Chas

I would join it if it was tied into RCNT without any seperate login. I planted a mexican salsa garden and is my very first.

2 Habaneros
2 Jalapenos
1 Giant Bell
2 Big Beef Tomatoes
1 Cilantro
1 Row Green Onions
---
Carrots, strawberries and w-melons.

Kind of wondering how often I can put nutrients on them?..

Less is more

Read the direction, and use only food grade nutrients.
Try cutting the suggested measures from the nutrient levels in half.
And get yourself a sprayer and do some occasional foliar feeding...
Plants get some micro-nutrients from simple rain water, so you could collect your rain water runoff and utilize it too... Why not, it's free right?

By the way, Use caution when eating those hot peppers...!!
The Scoval units can be and are very high for beginners to dabble in...
If you ever do get in to a situation, whipped cream is the very best pacifier for heat relief. Have fun.

Chas

I would join it if it was tied into RCNT without any seperate login.

Only way to do that is to share the user table between the two sites. Wouldn't make since to have 20,000 members on HGF that have zero interest in gardening. ;)

Only way to do that is to share the user table between the two sites. Wouldn't make since to have 20,000 members on HGF that have zero interest in gardening. ;)

Couldnt you add a "sub" forum off the side of a main topic and go that route?

I would love to post but nothing on my garden now, I couldnt keep up with watering by hand, yeah by HAND!, in scorching hot desert like Utah heat..... Pisses me off!!!!:angry::third_place:

Only thing remaining are carrots, tomatoes & watermelons......

My house has no external spiget for water, which is VERY against code in Utah, but dont have a yard or lawn so I'm not worried.....

Excellent gardening forum, make sure to spread the word to your gardening friends or family.

Back