Hobbywing Fustion vs Spektrum RC Firma 2-in-1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerold

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
From what it looks like at the high level is that Specktrum is a rebranded HW Fusion? Same switch, programming port, wiring even the grommet to the case ans screw locations.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...-esc-motor-system-1800kv-hwa30120401/p1250980
https://www.amainhobbies.com/spektr...r-crawler-system-1400kv-spmxsem1040a/p1364623

The docs are different and some of the programming options are different. Although, there is another tell, which is I was able to find a few lines of the exact same verbiage.

Thoughts on rebranded HW?

Spektrum has more Kv options; but the programming options of the HW see more conducive to crawlers. For instance the Specktrum has thermal shutdown parameters, why do you need this on a crawler?

I would go with the real HW just because HW is definitely a better brand then spektrum (mostly because you don't have to spend a fortune just to get the damn thing working to its full potential and HW is mostly higher quality) plus you are getting a slightly higher of with the HW😀

It's spelled SPEKTRUM.
Hobbywing makes something like 90% of all RTR electronics. OK, I pulled that number out of my behind, but they're definitely #1. The rebrands usually have limited programming options. Sometimes prettier colours. Anyway, go with Hobbywing.

It's spelled SPEKTRUM.
Hobbywing makes something like 90% of all RTR electronics. OK, I pulled that number out of my behind, but they're definitely #1. The rebrands usually have limited programming options. Sometimes prettier colours. Anyway, go with Hobbywing.
Yep, my thoughts exactly!

I went with the HW1800 for my Capra build. it comes with the programing card.... the Specktrum you have to buy extra. At the currant time HobbyKing has the Hw Fusions on sale for $105 https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbywi...ystem-for-rock-crawlers-w-integrated-esc.html
I've never ordered from them before but I took a chance and got one coming for my Gatekeeper build. They claim to have a warehouse in Oregon.
hey did you ever get this from hobbyking? iv always thought it was fake

hey did you ever get this from hobbyking? iv always thought it was fake
yep I got it, fast shipping out of Oregon. I ended up ordering 3 more and an axe 2700kv. all new in sealed boxes with holograms. the only issue I had was I got charged for foreign transaction fee
Chris

I purchased one of the 1st made by dynamite .3500kv on 2 cell top speed was good but had nearly zero brakes.

yep I got it, fast shipping out of Oregon. I ended up ordering 3 more and an axe 2700kv. all new in sealed boxes with holograms. the only issue I had was I got charged for foreign transaction fee
Chris
Good to know i see good deals on there often.

Back